Chance?....probably low

<p>2.8 GPA uw
3.17 GPA w
29 ACT
barely in bottom half of class un-weighted
barely in top half of class weighted
good extracurriculars (main ones are part time job, manager at school radio station, which recently was ranked #1 high school station in country, and two years of lacrosse)
Freshman/Sophomore year regular classes
Junior year mostly honors
2 APs </p>

<p>Something I think they might consider is that I went to three different schools in three years. Summer after freshman year I moved cross country and grades suffered. Then I transferred again. I don't know if they would take this into account. Thanks.</p>

<p>It's possible to get into Madison with those stats, but EXTREMELY uncommon. My roommate said he had a 2.9 GPA and a 30 ACT.</p>

<p>I say you have a 5% chance. Sorry. But it's still possible.</p>

<p>However, consider another UW school and then transfer after your first year.</p>

<p>Check out the likelihood of admissions chart UW publishes... give UW a shot, but make sure you know what kind of numbers you're dealing with first.</p>

<p>Your chances are best with improving grades, such as C's Freshman year and A's Junior year in HS to get that B average. If your grades last year show a mix including C's you should really think about alternatives and only apply to UW-Madison as a reach. Your performance, as reflected in grades, shows how much work you put in and your knowledge base for entering college. If you do not have the study habits needed to get top grades in HS or haven't acquired the foundation every student should have you will find it very tough to do well. It would be better to start at a different school, prove to yourself, and others, that you can do good college work and apply as a transfer than to get in and flounder.</p>