Chance South Asian In State for UMich LSA (Data Science, Comp Sci, Econ)

Demographics

• US domestic
  • State/Location of residency: Michigan
  • Type of high school (current college for transfers): Half Day at normal public, other half at program for Math and Science where we do semester long research
  • Gender/Race/Ethnicity (optional): South Asian
  • Other special factors (first generation to college, legacy, athlete, etc.):

Intended Major(s)

Computer Science, Data Science, Mathematics of Risk Management

GPA, Rank, and Test Scores

• Unweighted HS GPA: 3.7/4
  • Weighted HS GPA (incl. weighting system): 4.157/4.33
  • Class Rank: 17/334
  • ACT/SAT Scores: 1410 (690 Math, 720 Reading Super Score)

Coursework

(AP/IB/Dual Enrollment classes, AP/IB scores for high school; also include level of math and foreign language reached and any unusual academic electives; for transfers, describe your college courses and preparation for your intended major(s))

AP Stats

AP Biology

AP Psychology

AP Language and Comp

AP Calc BC

School offers 8.5 APs, took as many as I could because of scheduling issues

All math and science classes are honors

Awards

All Academic for Baseball

Extracurriculars

(Include leadership, summer activities, competitions, volunteering, and work experience)

-Subcommittee Chairman for my City’s youth council (13 or so members). Help plan events for my citys youth and meet with city officials to discuss the youth in my city

-Music Production; produced for artists with over 40k monthly listeners, most of my production is for artists with around 20k monthly listeners, run a YouTube channel where I post my beats

-Treasurer for my schools anti-racism club

-Varsity Baseball for 2 years; All Academic

-JV Soccer for 3 years

-Marching Band for 2 years

-National Honor Society Member

Essays/LORs/Other

(Optionally, guess how strong these are and include any other relevant information or circumstances.)

Essays were strong, 1 strong LOR other was very generic

Cost Constraints / Budget

(High school students: please get a budget from your parents and use the Net Price Calculators on the web sites of colleges of interest.)

No constraints

Schools

(List of colleges by your initial chance estimate; designate if applying ED/EA/RD; if a scholarship is necessary for affordability, indicate that you are aiming for a scholarship and use the scholarship chance to estimate it into the appropriate group below)

• Safety (certain admission and affordability)
  • Likely (would be possible, but very unlikely or surprising, for it not to admit or be affordable)
  • Match
  • Reach

UMich LSA, I was deferred for EA

Accepted

Wayne State University (Warrior + Honors College)

Michigan State University

Detroit Mercy

Denied

UIUC (Comp Sci)

Purdue (Comp Sci)

Same as last time you asked

Congratulations on your acceptances. You’ll know your Michigan decision soon enough. Closing.