Chance? TAMU Mays School of Business

Hey, Y’all!

Man, am I nervous. I want to go to TAMU (College Station) but everyone is making it sound like if I’m not in the top 10-25% there is no chance I will get in. Hopefully, I can get a voice from someone who actually got in or knows more than my high school colleagues.

GPA: 3.85
SAT: 1350

EC’s: President and Founder of the Investment Club, 3 years. Founder and President of FCF (Christian club,) 2 years. Soccer, 4 years. Varsity soccer head captain, 2 years. NTHS officer, 2 years. NHS, 2 years. Freshman class President. BPA chapter President (Bussiness Professionals of America.) Young Republicans Club, 2 years. Concessions manager (for our local football team), 2 years. 400+ hours of comm. service. FBLA, 1 year.

Awards: Ambassador Torch Award (BPA.) First Freshman to achieve 3 BAA pins in FBLA. Award of Excellence.

I also moved my freshman year to Texas, I have some great essays I can write: overcoming challenges…

I believe my EC’s are very strong and my essays will be as well. I am not automatic admit but do I have a shot of getting into Mays?

@cleatusvoncleat your gpa doesn’t matter. Just rank and scores. Top 25% and 1360 gets you in as an automatic academic admit. You are very close to that. Based on what I saw this year my bet is Blinn Team at worst with those scores. Retake the SAT and see if you can get that score over 1360. The challenge is getting admitted to Mays as it fills up fast with auto admits. If you don’t get into Mays, economics has a great program where you can get your economics degree and an MBA from Mays in 5 years. Or you can do well your Fish year and transfer into Mays.

“Act: 32”
“Sat: 1430”
So you post different stats every time you ask ?

According to Prepscholar, your stats are a match for this school. The acceptance rate is 66%, so right now it looks good. Keep a safety school just in case.

This is a fake poster – their other postings have been blocked.