chance this OOS! please

<p>Any input will be well appreciated, thanks!</p>

<p>Male
White
Rising Senior
Go to a very competitive public school in Washington- ranked 35th best public school in the nation
GPA- 3.52 (UW) 3.70 (W) *Excellent upward grade trend.
ACT- 25</p>

<p>Senior Schedule:
AP Senior English
Honors Health (ASPEN)
AP Psychology
AP Statistics
AP Environmental Science
Anthropology
AP American Gov.</p>

<p>Teacher & counselor recs- excellent, lots of thought put into both
Essay- will be very good</p>

<p>Extracurriculars-
-4 year varsity tennis letter winner- 9-12th grade
-Captain of my club tennis team
-Play in competitive tournaments locally
-Senior Class Historian- 12
-Class Senator- 11-12
-President and Founder of Sports Debate Club- 10-12
-Member of Asian Culture Club- 11-12
-Member of Key Club- 11-12
-Member of A.S.P.E.N.-12 (Had to try-out)
- Head Tennis Pro during the summer at a Private Club.
-Community service award for completing a certain amount of volunteer hours
Volunteer work at a local tennis club, through Key Club, camp counselor, district wide volunteering events, and various other events. (100+ hours)</p>

<p>c'mon guys bump please!</p>

<p>good chance. see if u can raise ur act</p>

<p>50-50 or so. Good recs and essay will get you in.</p>

<p>Get at least a 28-29 on ACT, then you'll have a great chance.</p>

<p>ACT score is too low. You aren't in the mid-50% range for the ACT, so re-take it for sure before you apply. GPA is below average as well. Admissions officers advise students who aren't in the top 45% or so to retake tests before applying rolling admission to strengthen their chances. You can do it, just make sure to study for those tests (especially at a numbers-based school such as UW)!</p>

<p>Check the admissions, freshman, freshman expectations chart (click for it, on R of a page)- you will see why people made their comments. BTW, it doesn't matter, but do you mean the state or DC? Remember to clarify for people as you post location on the CC site. Your high school's (national) ranking won't matter much, either.</p>

<p>sorry, i am from WASH ST. And will my school's nation ranking matter to ny schools? ie. privites? Or is it just nothing? thanks.</p>

<p>Schools will see how competitive your school is (i.e. how many go on to 4 yr. colleges, highest GPA, etc.), but won't actually see the ranking. It could be an advantage or disadvantage depending on how many students from your school are applying to UW.</p>

<p>UW had about 30 freshman go from the Seattle area this year. most were from the better suburbs and private schools. 3 from Mercer Island HS alone.</p>

<p>when you say UW i keep thinking you are talking about University of Wsahington. lol ahh</p>