Chancellor/Powers-Knapp Scholarship

Just curious, have any of you applied for the Chancellor/Powers-Knapp Scholarship? I applied for priority consideration back in November but I’m curious to see how many people applied for priority as well.

Just saw this! I applied a while ago but I can’t seem to find the date where my application was sent in. Do you know when priority applicants will be notified?

@gradclass2022 My S also applied for priority consideration, and hoped that he would find out sooner than regular consideration. He has a friend who applied regular consideration and found out in March.
I sent an email to the CPKS program in November asking when priority consideration applicants would find out, and just received an email today saying: “All applicants will be notified of a decision by early April.” We are OOS so if he doesn’t get Chancellor’s, UWMadison is off the list.

I have not yet heard anything from them. I was told by them that they would try and notify starting in January. Not sure if they’ve started notifying yet but I haven’t heard anything. Have you guys heard back?

Does anyone know how many people actually receive this scholarship? I would imagine not very many, but I just want some confirmation

I called and they said 70 people get the Chancellor’s, 60 get the Powers-Knapp.

Does anyone know if they give out Powers-Knapp primarily to in state? Allowing more oos students to be Chancellor’s

Ah, thank you. Do you know how many people apply for these scholarships?

@gonac2000 I’m curious who told you that notifications would go out in January? I recently received an email from the program stating that all applicants would find out in April. (^^^ post #2) My S’s friend who applied last year found out in March that he received it. I’m not sure if they’re saying April because they got many more applications this year, or to give themselves some leeway.
Also thank you for the info about about the number of scholarships awarded.

I called the actual program back in November and they told me their goal was to start notifying applicants in January for those that applied Priority. This is their first year that they offered an early priority period, so they are probably unsure about when to release. In the past, everyone usually would hear back by the end of March. Recently, I called and they kept avoiding the question of when Priority applicants would be notified since I haven’t heard anything. They just keep saying that everyone will have heard back (including Priority and regular applicants) by the end of March.

Do they send you a rejection email?

My sons friend received the scholarship two days ago. Guess were not getting one.

@gradclass2022 yes they send out rejection emails

@puma13 which one? are they IS or OOS?

@puma13 some people are “deferred” and reconsidered along with the regular applicant pool. I also know that they said everyone will hear back by the end of March so hopefully it’s before that.

@gonac2000 do you know if they let you know that you were deferred? also, will they email you the decision or will it also be on the scholarship portal/application site? thanks, I am just super nervous because this scholarship would be the only reason i attend Wisconsin

@gradclass2022 No, I am not sure if they even let you know that you’re deferred. I have heard that they just call you if you got one of the scholarships, and they email you for rejections but I am not sure if they have changed that. This scholarship is my only chance of going to Wisconsin as well so I totally understand the feeling. I’m going to call the scholarship program on Monday for more details.

@gonac2000 after you call, would you mind posting what they say on this thread? that would be incredibly helpful. What other schools are you looking at/ whats your major?

Hey everyone really sorry for the false information. My son assumed it was the powers knapp scholarship. His friend received a different scholarship from Wisconsin. He’s not sure which one he got. The two of them did the summer engineering program and applied for the same scholarship. He didn’t know that he applied for a different one also. Everyone keep your fingers crossed good luck!

@puma13 Thank you for coming back to post the clarification. My DS also did the Engineering Summer Program a couple of years ago and had a great time. His ESP classmate was awarded the Chancellor’s last year, so there is some history of awarding ESP students. Sad for us – his friend didn’t find out til late March. While @gonac2000 was told in November that applicants who applied during the priority consideration round would hear in January, it seems the CPKS office has pulled back from that statement, and is now saying that everyone will hear by end of March/early April.
Good luck to all!