Chancellor Scholarship Notification

@preposterone123 I looked on my portal. No events. But when I clicked “events” I saw a blank block. Would that be chancellor’s? I have a 34 ACT, but only a 4.3 weighted gpa. 3.99 unweighted. Do you think I have a shot?

I got an email today, as I’m sure most of you did! They are sending out financial aid letters by the 15th, and they should be received by the 29th! Hope this helps.

@alexcburd

http://i.imgur.com/OCowgGn.png

That is a direct screenshot of my “Admissions Events” section (I cut out the rest since it contains personal information.) The letter said to sign up for the chancellor scholarship said to sign up by January 15th. I’m sorry but I’m going to be upfront and honest, you did not get invited to the Chancellor Interview.

@preposterone123 ^^If your statement is correct, I am floored that my S is not being considered for Chancellors. You can see his stats snapshot in post #10 above, but let’s just say it starts with a ACT of 35c – 36m, 35 for all the others. Strong essays, EC’s and leadership in both sports and clubs all around (good enough for Notre Dame, UMich, GTech and SMU.)

SMU is VERY interested, but not TCU? Strange. Maybe it’s that whole “fit” thing they talk about in holistic admissions. Strangely, TCU is one of the few schools my son actually visited before he was admitted. Perhaps TCU is not interested in an athletic, academic leader with 99 percentile stats in both grades and test scores. Of course, I believe he DID pass on submitting the additional “art” piece that they allowed. So that could be it? There is no figuring out this application stuff.

@ShouldBeWorking I’m with you…you just can’t figure out the college admission process. We have been so surprised when schools aren’t interested (or don’t appear to be) and it makes no sense. What I read (and heard from TCU) was that they look at the top 500 kids based on scores and grades and then look for the right fit and look for something special after that. Who knows what they define as “special”. I think they have a lot of 99 percentile kids, and then they have to choose. I am surprised that your son didn’t get invited based on what you described. Does he have any Christian activities? I don’t even know if they look at that, but that was the only thing I thought of. That doesn’t mean he won’t get a large scholarship from them though (if it’s a school he’s really interested in). Best of luck.

@preposterone123 ah that makes it clear. It’s fine with me, hopefully I can get the Dean’s! Congrats on Chancellor’s though hope you get it :slight_smile:

My son was accepted early admission. He received his acceptance in mid December, but no word on a scholarship. He emailed his admissions rep a few days ago and was told it would be sent in the next few days. He has a 35 ACT, 4.0 UW, NMSF, and a rigorous course load, and some decent EC’s including a lot of volunteering. However, he is very quiet and interviewing is not his strong suit so he probably did not have a shot at the Chancellor’s scholarship anyway. He has already earned free tuition at a couple other schools so he is likely to go elsewhere.

Ft. Worth is a great city so anyone attending TCU will really have a great experience.

By “art piece” do you mean the Freedom of Expression page? While it technically is optional, I’m 100% sure there is no way you will get invited to the Chancellor weekend if you leave that blank. And it doesn’t have to be an art piece or something spectacular. I did some research online and some have sent things like decorated guitars and homemade t-shirts and other amazing stuff, but all I did was write a second essay about the hospital rotations and community college classes I’ve taken. Not filling that FoE page was a pretty big mistake on your son’s part.

@preposterone123 I honestly think everyone will end up where they really belong. If they show heart for a place, admissions should notice. In my son’s case, I wouldn’t consider it a “mistake” as much as evidence of his lack of interest. This makes his decision just a little simpler. Lots of good choices. Congratulations on your admission. Good luck to all on here.

You make a good point. I guess I was just looking from a different perspective since TCU is my top choice, and the only thing deterring me from going there is money.

preposterone123 I hope you get the scholarship. Exemplary students like you (who have a real passion for the program) are exactly the ones who should receive the awards. Again, best of luck.

@preposterone123 I didn’t do the Freedom of Expression optional work and I got an invite for Chancellor’s. Still, I think if I wasn’t feeling incredibly lazy on the night I did the app then it would have been a lot safer to have done it

Got my letter today in Memphis, TN. Received the Dean’s Scholarship (20k annually), but I did not receive an invite to Chancellor’s Weekend.

Congrats on the Dean’s Scholarship. What were your stats? We live in CA so I am not sure if the letter will be in the mail today or not…

I live in Oklahoma and have not recieved any schollarship notification yet :(! Hoping tommorow!!! All I got was a poster that says welcome to Tcu

My son received the dean’s Scholarship today. We live in TX

Received the dean’s scholarship in AL today. Hoping for an honors invitation in the coming weeks!

Daughter received Dean’s scholarship today! Very happy for her. Hoping for more good news for y’all.

We live in south Texas.

I live roughly 30-40 minutes from the TCU campus and I have yet to receive any information about scholarships. I’m assuming I did not receive anything.

Is their a possibility that it has anything to do with your last name is later on in the alphabet @ftrev041? Trust me that is what i am hoping for too. What schollarship are you hoping for?