Chancellors and Power Knapp Scholarship

I wrote the socioeconomically disadvantaged one @coxswain2001 (sorry for late response - I’m not on here often)

I called twice today (around 1pm and just now) with straight to voicemail. Left a message the second time, so will update with any response I get.

At this point, I’m just assuming that we will hear at the same time as regular decision for the scholarships. Wondering if there was any point at all to doing priority…Like do they already have decisions for those of us who applied by Nov. 15 and they’re just holding off?

@floridagirl17 okay thanks for letting me know! Yes, the committee emailed me back on December 21st and said all priority decisions had already been made but they would not notify anyone until “early January after the holidays”

I’ve called multiple times throughout the week (but did not leave a message) and went to voicemail every time. Does anyone know if their office is closed for some reason? Does anyone have any updated info?

I emailed the financial office today to see if they knew why none of us have been able to get in contact with the P/K office. I’ll update if they respond.

Speaking from experience, mother of 2 Chacellor’s scholars, S11 and D14, and a hopeful S23, it’s a rolling decision. You can get an offer anytime from February to late April. The cream of the crop get the offers first, then they go down the list. As the offers get rejected, they pass them on down the list. They do send out rejection letters/email, so as long as you don’ t get a rejection, there is still hope. We are OOS btw.

As far as I can tell, last year, the first offers were received first week of March, and those were priority applicants. Last year was the first time they offered the priority application for C and P- K.

@mbuchanan1 since you have experience with P/K, do you know if they take FAFSA into account a considerable amount? My EFC is quite high and am wondering if that could hurt my application. Also, do you think if I only wrote the essay that applied to me and skipped the other, would that be bad?

Sorry I don’t know the answer about FAFSA and EFC. When my 2 older kids appIied, FAFSA was not required. C and P/K were strictly a merit scholarship for underrepresented groups. We were surprised we had to fill out FAFSA this time around.

@mbuchanan1 have you gotten any news yet?

No. My DD’s, UWM Chancelor '15, insider source said early March.

Can you be eligible for the Chancellors scholarship even if you applied regular decision

@bubblytaco I believe so, as long as you applied by the P/K scholarship deadline

Has anyone who applied regular heard back yet? I’m been patiently waiting.

I don’t think anyone has heard back yet. I emailed them a couple days ago and they still haven’t gotten back to me.

@ayeshac19153 @Diegoc1177 I’ve emailed and called the P/K office regarding scholarship notifications but no one has responded to me since the end of December. The last email they sent in December said that all early action decisions had been made and they would begin notifying in January but I have not heard anything since.

I created this CC account specifically to reply to this thread because, honestly, I am super-frustrated by this process. Would applicants be able to meander through dates like this? Of course not. The lack of responsiveness and the ever-changing dates for releasing decisions does not reflect well on this program or bode well for how it will treat its students. Kids are calling and emailing and they are just blowing everyone off?!?! These decisions are very important for our family and obviously many others, as we will decide colleges based largely on our financial picture. Just give a decision date and stick to it. If you are really dedicated to increasing diversity and access to opportunities for students of color, this is really a bad look, Madison!

I just got an email notifying me that I got the Powers-Knapp Scholarship. OOS.

Same! On the website it says PK scholarship for oos is tuition remission but in the email it says full tuition. Any idea which is correct or what tuition remission means? Congrats btw!

Congratulations on your award! My son received PK last year and it completely covers full tuition. He is out of state student.

Is it too late to appy now? D accepted last week. What other schcolarship still available? we are OOS and single income about 100k … Thanks