Chancellor's Scholar Invitations.. Have they all gone out?

Did all Chancellor’s finalist notifications go out with acceptance letters this year? Please reply if: 1) you receive an invitation to the weekend in a notificiation (email, portal, or snail mail) OTHER than acceptance letter OR 2) you hear directly from TCU admissions counselor definitively that all invitations were sent out with acceptance letters (or not!). Just wondering if that ship has sailed. Thanks in advance and huge congrats to everyone accepted and to Chancellor invitees!

Hey! I’m currently a student at TCU (Freshmen) and a Chancellor’s Scholar. Message me if you have any questions

Thanks @Needmoreec but sadly I think that ship has sailed (for me anyway). Congrats to you… Chancellor’s is obviously very competitive!

Hi! I had a few questions about the Chancellor’s scholars program. Can you use AP credit to graduate early, and does TCU award scholarships like Dean’s or Trustee on top of the Chancellor’s Scholarship?

@Needmoreec

@bioguy212 TCU student here scholarships don’t stack at TCU. If you got chancellors that’s full tuition.

But, TCU scholarships CAN stack if combined don’t exceed full tuition.

Thanks @zer0gravity1 @loribelle . How many people get the Chancellors + Trustee scholarships?

Dean’s/most merit scholarships don’t stack with Chancellor. I know of only 2 people that got the trustee scholarship. Trustee is basically full ride and your stats have to be near impeccable, as far as I know. Trustee comes with a few limitations though as you’re only alloted a certain amount to buy textbooks but then in the face of everything else, that’s pretty darn good. I have the Chancellor’s but still needed to take out some loans for housing and books this year.

I’m pretty sure you can use AP credit to graudate early so long as you have the scores and it fits into your degree plan. That’s something you will want to talk more about with your advisor.

Don’t feel down! Chancellor’s in my opinion, is mostly about diversification. I don’t know what they look for in their search but I’ve definitely met people with better stats than me who were not invited. This speaks nothing of your capabilities.

what @Needmoreec is right most dont stack I haven’t heard of any that do I asked when I was applying and they said no. With that being said chancellors is an amazing opportunity! @bioguy212

University and department scholarships can be stacked. My D has both.

Loribelle is correct - most scholarships stack. My D has university scholarships and a departmental scholarship.

Thanks @bookworm68 @loribelle . How do you apply to departmental scholarships?

@bioguy212 I don’t think there is any way to apply separately for a departmental scholarship. D was notified of the extra departmental scholarship after the initial notification of the Dean’s. It was a nice surprise. Also, if you are a National Merit Finalist, you qualify for an additional scholarship (I think it is $2000/year).

@loribelle I was speaking on the entrance scholarships like chancellors and deans

Those are all the same category and would exceed tuition, more than likely. But, there are other university scholarships that don’t fall under department too: talent, special considerations, etc. Filling out the CSS profile early is important. You can also contact financial aid or your department and appeal for more. It doesn’t hurt to request politely.

@loribelle @bookworm68 how do you apply for departmental scholarships?

Ours was an automatic consideration after we were accepted. Always ask, as people do turn down scholarships for other schools and there may also be internship scholarships in the department that is not tied to work study/FAFSA.