Chancellor's Scholarship 2017

I, as well have the blank spot in my events tab. Hopefully a glitch or something and we all got invited to Chancellor’s Weekend! I am considering emailing my admissions counselor to see if he would know anything about it. The blank tab was not there before my honors night tab was there. Both showed up at the same time.

Did you get the invite to Honors college WITH your scholarship money? I got the Deans scholarship but not mention of honors college…

No, I believe they are separate letters. Check your events tab in portal to see if they have invited you to honors preview night. Don’t worry yet, I’ve heard honors notice can come anytime in the next few months, they don’t decide who all they are going to invite at once. @tennesseevols

Thank you

My son had an invite to the honors preview night last week. Now the page is down and the tab gone. Has anyone else had this happen. I assume he still is invited and it’s a glitch. He has received the Deans scholarship.

My daughter’s portal showed the same… The URL for Honors invite and then disappeared. I’m guessing a glitch too. She also got the Deans. Hoping for something concrete soon as my D is anxious to make a decision (UT or TCU).

My daughter received the admission letter dated 12/15/16, then the deans scholarship dated 12/21/16. She has not received anything since. Here is a link about the chancellor scholarship. I don’t know how often she checks her portal. Her counselor seems to think she’s still in the running for the chancellor award as TCU continues to review applicants this month. FIngers crossed.

@Thisainteasy We are also trying to make a tentative decision too. (UT-McCombs and TCU). What is your daughter going to study at UT?

http://www.chancellor.tcu.edu/scholars.asp

@SLparent - My son just got his admissions letter, Dean’s scholarship, honors college, and invitation to Chancellor’s weekend packages in the mail yesterday. He had applied EA2. He hadn’t been checking the portal, but when he went there yesterday, the Honors College and Chancellor’s Weekend links were there.

@momoftres congratulations to your son :). My D did not make the invite. Receiving a dean’s scholarship puts you into the chancellor’s pool. From there, the committee selects based on certain criteria to invite. I think my D is missing leadership and lack of school involvement. She has good stats & very heavy EC’s, and some leadership but all outside of school. Her admission counselor suggested her to contact the point person for the chancellor program to get some clarification.

Her admission counselor also said my D’s file is more than competitive for honors school and those invitations will go out before end of Jan. I know some people have gotten theirs already so I don’t know how that works. My D applied EA.

Do you mind sharing your son’s stats? what is he going to study? Congrats again & best of luck to him.

My son plans to major in physics (possible double major in chemistry). Attends public high school.

ACT: 34
SAT IIs: 800 M2, 790 Chemistry, 720 Physics, 750 World History, 700 US History
GPA: 106.208/100

UIL Math, Science, Number Sense (State level for Science)
TMEA All State Choir - Tenor (pre-area level not state)
NM Commended
AP Scholar with Distinction
Leadership positions - Pres Academic Team, VP Student Senate, VP Choir, Treasurer NHS
Community Service - organized clothes drives, food bank, science museum volunteer, etc.

Did you daughter make contact with the Chancellor’s office? I’m sure she will get the invite to the honors college. I think my son heard early because they hold a HC presentation the same weekend as the Chancellor’s.

Could anyone who got honors and or chancellor invite please post stats? I have a child interested in this for next year and knowing the chances from this year’s admits would be so helpful.

@momoftres My daughter reached out to her admission counselor and was told that her credentials were more than competitive and that she should be invited into honors…but she was going to make a note in her file as well. She also said the honors invites will go out in Feb. I think the people who got invites to the honors already were chancellor’s invitees as well.

Looking at your son’s credentials…they are very similar to my daughter, but my daughter lacks the leadership positions and they look for that, I’m certain. She has leadership position but it very much ties to outside school. I think they like for you to support the school you go to…which I understand totally.

Congratulations to your son! He sounds so smart and gifted! They maybe classmates. We are still trying to decide if TCU is the place for her next 4 years. We have put down a housing deposit at UT & A&M but not at TCU because it’s hefty and non-refundable.

Anyone else dying waiting for these results?

@ScituTe - Looks like the Chancellor’s Scholars packets are starting to go out. My son received his yesterday and there are a few others who posted in another TCU scholarship thread that they also received their packet yesterday.