Chancellor's Scholarship Program

<p>I got my call tonight @ 8:45pm - I am so happy that I got the scholarship.</p>

<p>I finally got to talk to her…I got it!!! so excited.</p>

<p>^^^^Congratulations! We are still hoping. I guess time is running out. Perhaps my son will qualify for a Powers-Knapp.</p>

<p>Hopefully he gets it. She said there are 50 people receiving the scholarship. This has pretty much finalized my college decision. So far I know of two other friends who have also received it.</p>

<p>When she talked to me she said they had made their initial decisions so even if your son doesn’t get it the first round, he may the second or something!</p>

<p>Thank you for the encouragement. I can see that they have chosen people of high character.</p>

<p>my daugther received a letter awarding this scholarship.those anybody know the requirements to keep it for four years?the letter does’nt explain much</p>

<p>I’m also waiting for the call on chancellor’s. I see it’s not looking good for me though according to this.</p>

<p>Well, I am sorry to say that my son will not be given a Chancellor’s scholarship. We are disappointed, but life goes on. I congratulate all the winners and wish them the best. </p>

<p>The letter we received stated that “we are unable to offer you a scholarship.” The question that lingers is whether they were referring to a Chancellor’s scholarship or does this also include the Powers-Knapp award. </p>

<p>If anyone has knowledge of these things, please let me know.</p>

<p>etherdome - no knowledge or wisdom, but wanted to say I am sorry to hear the news. I know you all were really hoping for it, and I am sure he was an excellent candidate. :-)</p>

<p>Thank you Travelfun. Some hard decisions will have to be made.</p>

<p>Does anyone think it’s strange that I haven’t heard anything back from this scholarship?</p>

<p>Considering that my S received a letter stating that he would not receive the scholarship, I would say that no news is good news.</p>

<p>hey. you might want to call.my daugther got it,but they kept calling and never left a message until about 6 days later.my caller id kept showing " private caller". when we did call back she said she could only talk to my daugther. so we had to wait until she got of work. we recieved a letter before the phone call,and we were told the letter was send by mistake.i thought this meant she did’nt get it! after finally getting my daugther to call it all got straighten out.so you might want to just call.</p>

<p>Thank you both! I have a spark of hope inside of me now. I’m going to call in the morning.</p>

<p>Good Luck, also If you haven’t received news about the Chancellor’s Scholarship you may have received the Powers Knapp Scholarship, a few of my friends have received that instead of the Chancellor’s.</p>

<p>^^^^have the powers-knapp awards been issued?</p>

<p>I emailed her today and she said they were in the final stages of awarding and everyone would be informed of all award money by the end of this week. I’m keeping my fingers crossed.</p>

<p>I haven’t hard anything either. I’m scared that I sent it to the wrong place or that it got there too late. Anyways, I wonder why some people found out whether or not they got it so much earlier than others.</p>

<p>I emailed the program and this was the response:</p>

<p>Thank you for your email regarding scholarship decisions, and also for your patience and understanding. While we regret the delay in your receiving a response from us, our process is well within the time frame being implemented by peer institutions. Many applicants will not be informed by other universities to which they applied until the April 15, or by the end of the month. As you noted, we’ve extended some offers and sent some letters of regrets, and have been doing so since the beginning of March.</p>

<p>We are in the final stages of extending offers to selected applicants, and unfortunately sending letters of regret to those whom we are unable to support. Our plans are to inform everyone by the end of this week, and you should hear from us soon.</p>

<p>Thanks again for your interests in the University of Wisconsin – Madison and the Chancellor’s Scholarship Program. Have a great day and week!!</p>

<p>Mercile</p>

<p>I hope this has helped you!</p>