Chances and honors?

<p>I know I should have a good shot at admissions, but what about the honors program? </p>

<p>GPA 3.97 UW, 4.93 Weighted, rank 5 out of 696, large suburban public HS
ACT comp 29 (12 on writing)
AP's 5 US Hist, 5 Euro Hist, 4 Gov/Pol, 5 English, 5 Psych
Taking all AP and University dual-enroll classes this year
Interest: Communications/Poli Sci</p>

<p>EC's:
Debate - 3 year captain, 3rd in state, 13th at Nationals
Speech - 3 year captain
Science Fair -1 year - ISEF finalist
Student Congress - 3 years
HS Senate - 2 years
Peer tutor</p>

<p>Feedback is appreciated!</p>

<p>Good shot at both</p>

<p>diggin..........</p>

<p>my daughter is a freshman at UW this year. ACT 30 GPA 3.95. She got into the honors program at the college of letters and science. you should have no problem getting in either. Good luck!!</p>

<p>Ditto. Go for it.</p>

<p>No official letter yet, but the status page says Congratulations, you have been accepted. It sure is nice to have this done early!</p>

<p>when did you hand in all your stuffs?</p>

<p>congratulation!</p>

<p>Diggin, CONGRATULATIONS!!! UW is a terrific school, and Madison a really neat place.</p>

<p>You should have no problem getting on the UW drinking team lol.............but seriously it is a great school and a beautiful campus. I wish I had gone there!!</p>

<p>My app was in September 10. Everything else was in by the 15th. This is my first choice and I'm really excited! On Wisconsin, On Wisconsin...</p>

<p>oh my god I thought the first day we can submit our app was 9/15.</p>

<p>I visited the campus this weekend and decided that I love it. I went to the game (particularly sweet for a Minnesotan who is NOT a Gopher fan!), attended the Honors program info session, and decided this could be home. I came home and sent in my enrollment form and deposit. Now, I have a couple questions...</p>

<p>I'm much more likely to want to discuss philosophy at a coffee shop than play drinking games. Will I still be able to find friends? </p>

<p>How prevalent is the party atmosphere in the dorms? Is it quiet enough to sleep reliably on school nights? Dorm suggestions for nerdy study-types? </p>

<p>Help! I'm totally excited about this... And scared to death!</p>

<p>Diggin,</p>

<p>The drinking and partying seems to be less in the residential college dorms like Chad or Bradley where they have the kids who are serious about getting good grades and going on to grad or professional school. Sellery is the "party dorm". Lakeshore dorms have a good mix of kids. Smith is the fancy new dorm with single rooms and the nice cafeteira.</p>

<p>Good luck!! You will do just fine at Madison.......</p>

<p>Welcome to Wis! No one dorm for Honors program, look at the website and figure out locations, dorm styles, et al. Last year was the first time Liz Waters was coed, Smith was first open and they each got 1/3 of the new student applications; needless to say, not many got those two of those who listed them as their first choice. Chad is a high-rise, Barnard ancient, don't feel you should be there for the Honors program unless you want their additional programs. Eons ago I loved lakeshore- 4 story dorms with a mix of styles, son got Liz- no problems we've heard about. Remember to send in your dorm deposit. You'll get a chance to rank around 20 choices next spring, they'll confirm it and you get another chance to finalize your choices. </p>

<p>The Honors program has an application deadline in mid March (I think), get it in before the deadline, you're probably in with those stats. It took a while for a response last year because one person has to read all of the apps and make the decision (good, no problem with easy/hard evaluator); they got around 2/3 the week they were due, Honors kids are procrastinators (no rolling admissions like the whole school). As an Honors grad I called and asked questions last year, the program and whole school are better than in my day. Also, you can join later if by some chance you didn't get in.</p>