Chances and Major

<p>For any of you who are familiar with A&M's admissions, what are my chances?</p>

<p>Weighted GPA: 3.95
UW: 3.3ish (my school doesn't show me it on my transcript)
Rank:121/648 (top 19%, school is very competitive and i'm certain that a&m knows this).
SAT: 1170 (CR 520, Math 650)
ACT: still waiting on scores
President of FCCLA
NHS and several other EC's
employed for 6 months through junior year,
employed for 6 months through senior year (and currently still working)
60 volunteer hours
2 letters of recommendation
spent a lot of time on essays
campus visit and residence hall tour
In-state</p>

<p>i know my CR SAT score needs work, i am signed up for the decemeber SAT.
but if my SAT score does not improve (although i think it will) what are my chances with the score I have now? </p>

<p>ALSO, is anyone familiar with the Nutrition Science major? is it competitive at all?
i know it is nothing compared to engineering but i just hope that the spots aren't filled up.</p>

<p>Thanks in advance!</p>

<p>292 views and no reply? can someone please answer? i just want an honest opinion.</p>

<p>I feel your pain. I wish I could tell you something but I myself have no idea. I am applying just like you.</p>

<p>Ah, thanks for the reply though! Are you a review admit?</p>

<p>Your welcome, I know it sucks not to have anybody reply to you… And yes I sure am.</p>

<p>I wish a&m didn’t make it so difficult for a review admit… This is stressing me out. But I hope the best for both of us!</p>

<p>Hi, For top 25%, they want 1300 composite SAT, can you retake? Do you have a unique quality that stands out? The admission guy at out Prospective Student Session emphasized that bigtime, to put in essay C. My daughter just got accepted as a review app with a 1360, her math was a little low to be auto academic admit. I would keep studying and retaking the SAT and ACT! A&M is so worth the hard work! :)</p>

<p>Well they only want a 1300 for automatic admission. I’m going to take the SAT again in December, but as much as I would like to, I don’t think I will get a 1300. I’m hoping to improve my CR SAT score though. Thanks for your input, congrats to your daughter!</p>

<p>It’s so hard to say on a review admit because it really depends on the others applying. Last year it was pretty competitive and my D had friends that waited until early March to hear back.
I think your SAT might be a little on the low side. Hopefully your ACT scores will put you more in range.
Make sure you have a well written essay (on essay C) maybe ask an English teacher at your school to proof read and give feedback… </p>

<p>Good luck to you</p>

<p>Well I already turned it in, I wanted to be on the early side turning it in since I know review admits are so competitive. But thanks for your input, I hope my ACT scores were better as well.</p>

<p>Congratulations on being such a great student. Good luck on your ACT. If you could get that reading score to a 600, I think you’d be a pretty solid bet. As it is, I think you have a shot. Would you consider Blinn Team?</p>

<p>That degree is one that is listed on the TAP program.</p>

<p>[Transfer</a> Articulation Program (TAP)](<a href=“http://admissions.tamu.edu/TAP/default.aspx#DegreePlans]Transfer”>http://admissions.tamu.edu/TAP/default.aspx#DegreePlans)</p>

<p>Considering Blinn Team only because I live in the area. But I would really like to get into A&M… And yeah I know I need to bring it my CR score to a 600 :confused: hopefully the SAT in December goes well.</p>

<p>Good luck, Nicoleg! If your ACT composite is at least a 30, you will be an auto admit–hopefully you’ll get good news when your scores arrive. The SAT requirement is 1300, with a minimum of 600 on both Math and CR. Are you doing any sort of review course or self-study to boost your CR? </p>

<p>The average SAT this year for the whole freshman class was 1220 and average ACT was 27, so if your scores end up at or near that point, you’ll have a good chance as a review admit. Otherwise, Blinn Team is certainly a good option for you.</p>

<p>Self-study mainly for the SAT. Hopefully that will help enough to boost my score to at least the average of 1220.</p>