Major: Sport Communication (Broadcast)
Residency: Out of State (VA)
HS GPA: 3.2
ACT: 25
Ethnicity: Asian</p>

<p>What are my chances of transferring and getting into UW-Madison?</p>

<p>Not good with a GPA less than 3.0.
Why do you want to transfer?</p>

<p>i love IU, but i feel like UW-Madison has a more focused group of people in the major that i want to study (Communications) and there are so many here, that it’s frustrating at times. </p>

<p>Do you think if i write good essays and have good recommendations that i would be able to get into Madison?</p>

<p>Although it is easier to get into Wisconsin by transferring than regular admissions (and many do), it is still very competitive. I would recommend working to get your GPA over 3.0 (at least) over the next semester and reapply next year. But you might have a chance this year. Best of luck!</p>

<p>Your credentials are weak- both in HS and in college. You would be applying to do a specific major- check the requirements for that major at UW, including any competition for limited spaces in a major. Overall check the transfer reqs- a 3.0 gpa may be one of them. Also realize that you need to do your last 60 credits or so at UW-Madison to get a UW degree- it could take longer to graduate if you wait to transfer. You will not be at the top of the students at UW with your gpa- you may well be just as frustrated as the best after class opportunities/assignments will go to the best students.</p>

<p>When I contacted the UW admissions office in the past about grades, I was told that a 3.0 was the minimum needed to be considered competitive. They didn’t say it was an absolute requirement, but it appears like it’s pretty close to that.</p>

<p>Indiana is a good school, and if you love it then why transfer? Not trying to be nosy, it just seems odd.</p>

<p>A 3.0 is the minimum from when I applied last semester (I had a very challenging courseload for a first semester freshman- biochem major). I got in eventually, but I was initially waitlisted because I had a 3.0 and they needed to see me achieve a higher GPA the following semester before making a decision- I got a 3.81 the following semester and got in. However, I had stronger HS stats- 3.92 and 1920 SAT. I think this was a big factor, because a 3.0 compared to others applying doesn’t stand out.</p>