chances as a transfer?

<p>im currently a freshman at unc-chapel hill and after visiting CC im thinking thats where i want to transfer. im still going to check out a few schools later this month, but i doubt any will top CC. i was wondering if anyone knows just how competitive it is as a transfer applicant.</p>

<p>hs: 4.5 W/3.5 UW; 10 APs (passed all english and social studies, failed science and math/basically took every ap possible); AP Scholar; SAT: math-780, verbal-730, writing-680; SAT2: math1-720, US Hist-710; 15-20% in class>very competitive class>would have been top 5-10% had i graduated in 07 or 09 at my hs; nhs; french nhs; various other extra-curriculars; 2-sport athlete</p>

<p>college: 3.35 gpa (16 hours-15 is norm, and freshman usually take less> 12-13)>freshman avg is 2.5; 2-As, both within prospective major (english and political science); dean's list; a few extra-curriculars</p>

<p>i am also a recruited athlete, and would have support from the coach. ive also had an interview, and made a visit last week. thanks for your help.</p>

<p>
[quote]
Approximately five to ten percent of each year’s new students transfer to Colorado College from other colleges and universities. Any student with a full-time status for one semester or more should apply as a transfer student. This is true even if you do not request the transfer of credit from your previous institution.</p>

<p>We strongly discourage non-U.S. citizens requesting financial assistance from applying as transfer students due to very limited financial aid funds. The review and admission of transfer students is a holistic evaluation process that takes into consideration academic achievements, extracurricular activities, writing skills, standardized test scores, letters of recommendation, unique talents, and personal qualities.</p>

<p>Fall transfer students must mail their applications postmarked by March 1. They will be notified in April of an admission decision. Admitted transfers who wish to enroll must then respond in May. Spring transfer students (an option available only to students with more than one year of full-time college work) must mail their applications postmarked by November 1. Admitted spring transfer students will be notified in early December of a decision and must accept or decline the offer immediately. For more details, please visit our Web site at Transfer</a> Applicants | Prospective Students

[/quote]
</p>

<p>Using the 2007-2008 freshman profile of SAT's in the Colorado College data sets available on the CC website, you fall right on the line of the top 25%. </p>

<p>FYI-- my soph CC S got accepted EA to both CC and UNC-CH. If you are not a resident of North Carolina and got accepted at UNC-CH as OOS, you probably will be accepted at CC.</p>