Chances as an International Student?

<p>Hi, Do I stand a chance at Purdue? I am applying for Engineering</p>

<p>GPA: 3.77</p>

<p>SAT 1: low 1600s</p>

<p>TOEFL Scores: 102(Internet Based test, this is out of 120)</p>

<p>Varsity tennis during 9th 10th 11th and 12th grade
Varsity Volleyball during 10th 11th and 12th grade (I was the captain this year)
Varsity soccer during 10th and 11th grade
Varsity Basketball during this year, 12th grade,
National Honors Society member
More than 200 community service hours through NHS and other clubs in my school</p>

<p>PS: Thank you for taking your time reading this...</p>

<p>work on the SAT 1</p>

<p>Hey caique193,</p>

<p>I am from Hong Kong and I got accepted to purdue business school 2 weeks ago. With your stats, I am fairly confident that you have a big chance getting into purdue. I think that it is fairly easy to get in, considering it was my safety. Have you heard back yet?</p>

<p>Hey. I did got an answer… I got in :slight_smile: I was a bit nervous though because I heard it is hard to get in at their engineering program but turns out they liked me…Yeah, even though its my safety its a pretty good school and i wouldnt be sad to go there at all</p>

<p>How about me, do i stand a chance?</p>

<p>Just a little bit of background here. I have epilepsy, so in high school i cant reach my full potential and missed a lot of classed. I managed to graduate. That made my GPA low 2.7.
But recently i have been getting better and better. My SAT scores are 1900, toefl 590 and i have many extracurricular activities like: captain of the volleyball club, Judo club, attend the school Science fair for 3 consecutive years, participate in fundraising concert, class president for 4 consecutive years Work experience : Honda company(computer technician), designed website interface for few websites, a developer in iOS system and sells in appstore which receives many awards. Community service of 2000+ hrs</p>

<p>skyzzz. don’t worry, write about your medical conditions in your college essays. your extracurriculars are suberb, SAT scores are okay. GPA is a deciding factor, so have a counselor or teacher who knows you really well to write a teacher rec (even though it isn’t required) It will help! :)</p>