chances at accounting

<ul>
<li>White Male enter senior year at a mediocre high school</li>
<li>Resident of Illinois</li>
<li>UW GPA: 3.95 W GPA: 4.05</li>
<li>29 composite ACT</li>
<li>Class Rank: between top 7%-8%, 40/590</li>
<li>5 AP classes (Psychology, Mac Ec, Stats, Calc AB, Language) and 9 honors classes</li>
<li>Participated in several business competitions for my school</li>
<li>Played 1 year of football</li>
<li>1 year in FBLA (business club)</li>
<li>cashier at a water park summer after sophomore year- 20 hrs a week</li>
<li>movie theater employee all of junior and senior year- 20-25 hrs a week</li>
<li>3 years of peer tutoring in math and science, maybe 3 hrs a week</li>
<li>Play guitar everyday with weekly hour long lessons all 4 years</li>
<li>minor volunteer hours at local community center and elementary school, maybe 20 hrs of service</li>
</ul>

<p>Also it may help that my uncle went to Purdue and my dads cousin is an admissions officer there</p>

<p>Go to IU for accounting. Dont even bother with Purdue, you’re in line for top scholarships at IU and you’ll be attending the fourth best undergrad B-School in the Midwest (Northwestern, Notre Dame, and U Michigan are the top three)</p>

<p>Purdue doesn’t even make the cut.</p>

<p>That is true that you should go to IU since might be able to get a very generous scholarship if you go there. They also have a higher ranking compared to Purdue and their business school is more well known compared to Krannert. Unless you want to go to Purdue then you will basically be accepted by looking at what you have and might be able to get the President Scholarship or maybe even the Beering Scholarship. I’m really not sure what they look at but your academics are superb so I can see it happening.</p>

<p>You guys are acting like I’m a valedictorian or something. Is Indiana really that good?</p>

<p>Why not go to Illinois? They’re #1 accounting in the nation…but for Purdue you’re definitely a shoo in.</p>

<p>well Illinois is my number 1 choice, but if I don’t get accepted I’ll be choosing between Purdue, Indiana, and Wisconsin</p>

<p>well if you’re choosing between those 3 i’d say go where you get the most money or where you like it the most. i don’t think the rankings matter too much personally b/c a good kid from any of those schools can beat a mediocre kid from another one. it’s more about how well you do. if you graduate in the top 20% of your class from any of those 3 i’d say you’re ok.</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>No, actually Indiana has automatic merit scholarships. You would qualify for the $9,000/yr one with your GPA/ACT, which is full-tuition for in-state. (3.8 GPA and 29 ACT are the requirements, I believe).</p>