Chances at admission to Texas A&M Engineering School

I recently got admitted into Texas A&M, but I’m currently in review for the Engineering School. My friends, whom have applied a little after me, have been getting their emails of acceptance into the Engineering school. I’m starting to worry and wonder whether or not I still have a good chance at getting in.

My Stats are:
Rank 23/620
GPA: 102.673
SAT: 1280 (630 Math and 650 RW)

@kevinbkh Hi! First Congrats on admittance. 2nd… your sat is really low for TAMU engineering, especially your math. You’ll get an offer of some sort, main/blinn academy/galveston/Mcallen, but I would say most likely Blinn or Galveston. A friend of my daughters was top 2% a few years ago and had about the same SAT as you, maybe a little less. He got Blinn. Worked out great. So regardless of what you get, hang in there. It’s just 1 year. Please keep us posted.

Thank you for your response it really gave me hope! I just recently got offered the Blinn option but do you happen to know the rough cost of attendance with this option by chance?

Oh that’s awesome @KevinBKH I honestly don’t know the rough cost of attendance. I know it’s cheaper than straight TAMU but not sure by how much. It’s not half, I know that much. My son is taking a couple of classes at Blinn and three at tamu this semester and i feel like we are paying the same as when he had all classes at TAMU.

Congrats on a great offer. You can live, study and play at tamu main campus like every other Aggie! It’s a great program. Be ready to work hard for that GPA requirement so you can get your first choice engineering major!!!

Yes - congrats KevinBKH!

My son was also offered Blinn option. We attended the Aggieland Saturday event over the weekend and the presentation included a cost comparison of Co-enrolled TEAM Student (example Blinn 9hrs and A&M 6 hrs) VS. A&M full-time enrolled student (15hrs). The cost savings was listed at $3,879 compared to $5,249 or approx. $1,300 per semester. This is for in-state tuition. The cost savings for out-of-state was even more substantial.

Thank you so much :slight_smile:

Do you have any recommendations for housing for Blinn Engineering Academy students?

@kevinbkh anywhere from on campus to the northgate area to Bryan student housing complexes.