Chances at any UCs?

I need help.

Currently, a Junior and I am really thinking about College.

GPA weighted: 3.46
SAT(out of 1600): 1300 TAKEN IT ONCE, taking again in June

I’m on an upward trend, my sophomore year really hit me due to sicknesses and throughout my 3 years of high school so far, 3 deaths in the family and again affected me drastically.

I’m in Leadership (3 years), Basketball JV Captain (2 years), Taekwondo Referee (2 years), AVID Tutor (1year), Worship Team Pianist and Vocalist (5 years)

Maybe at the low tier UCs like UCSC or UCR, yeah. But your chances at mid tier and top tier UCs are dismal.

UC’s are very GPA focused but they will also consider your health and family issues if they are addressed on your application. UCM/UCR and UCSC are good target schools for you but there is no harm in applying to several other UC’s recognizing they will be Reach schools. If you are a Callifornia resident then pick a couple CSU’s as safety schools. As long as you apply broadly, you will have several options in which to choose.

I think that GPA might hurt your chances at the top tier UC’s, but they actually do pay attention to personal circumstances and such, so don’t be discouraged. Just apply, and see what happens, and do your best to make sure your grades this year are amazing!