Chances at CC :)

<p>I really love the sound of Colorado College, and think the block system is amazing. Please give any feedback.</p>

<p>white female,rising senior, michigan, Seaholm High School</p>

<p>GPA: a little over 4.0 Weighted, 3.75 unweighted
SAT: 1970 ( 730 reading, 630 math, 610 writing), took it again in June, 2030 superscored</p>

<p>Unfortunately no APs until next year, AP calc and AP environmental science. 3 years of Chinese. Mostly just honors classes right now including a really great program called Flex which is basically a block of social studies and english done in a very different way. Much less "teaching for the test," and lots of open dialogue and non-textbook reading.
ECs: Chamber Orchestra, Oakland Youth Orchestra, Tennis, Head of Community service and outreach for Green Club (environmental awareness club), Birmingham Voice (an organization that fights racism within the Birmingham community), International Club, Welcome Wagon.
-National Honors Society
-participation in solo and ensemble and msboa every year
-facilitator of discussion at showing of the film Race To Nowhere
- a little over 50 hours of community service at Birmingham Bloomfield Arts Center and Summer in the City
-Director of Marketing for Seaholm's Holocaust Rememberance Conference
-future participation in Envirothon, a competition combined with a community service project all having to do with Environmental Science.</p>

<p>Awards:
-National School Orchestra Scholarship 2011
-Underclassman of the year, Musical: West Side Story 2010
-Orchestra Outstanding Freshman of the year 2009
-Orchestra Outstanding Sophomore of the year 2010</p>

<p>my passions include music, yoga, the outdoors, and activism.
I also went on a wonderful trip to the Grand Canyon put on by our Experimental Learning Program that included lots of leadership experience.</p>

<p>thanks for reading!</p>

<p>From what I understand, Colorado College really likes to see leadership in its applicants. I think you’re on the right track so far. Best of luck, mjbaroli!</p>

<p>I think your chances are very good. </p>

<p>Suggestion:
In the future, in this or other Internet forums, don’t reveal specific personal identifying information such as your HS name.</p>