Chances at getting into Texas A&M?

Hi, I was wondering if anybody could tell me what my chances are at getting into Texas A&M college station since I sent my application in already and I keep freaking out over it.
Class rank: top 28%
SAT: 1280
ECs: member of MSA for 4 years, Officer for 2 years, part of History honor society, member of student council 3 years, member of Spanish club for 1 year, member of YES club 3 years, academic excellence award for 3 years, provided private tutoring and lessons at an academy for kids, have over 100 volunteer hours at various things like summer hospital programs, sorting clothes for refugees, serving homeless people food, etc…

@sq21701 Your ranking and SAT score are below average for TAMU. That makes up about 50% of the decision making. Your ECs look really good. If you have a great essay and LOR, that could help, but with the percentage of review applicants being less than 20% offered full admittance, it’s just really tough to call. The admissions office may see something in your package that they want at TAMU! I hope that’s the case. IF not, there are several ways to end up at TAMU after the first year. So if you want to end up here, you can do it! Have faith!

Yeah I figured that was the case! I took the ACT and got a 28 but I don’t think that’ll help my case much.

Thank you sm for replying! I appreciate it

28 ACT is good! Please tell me you sent that in. While your rank isn’t the most favorable, you still have a shot. Hang in there and be sure the ACT score has been received by TAMU!

@sq21701 , as @AggieMomhelp said, your ACT score is good. A 28 ACT equates to a 1310 SAT, and that does help your case. Make sure to submit it if you haven’t already. If you’re curious about how SAT and ACT scores compare, search for ACT/SAT Concordance tables. When did you apply, and what major? Best wishes you!

@AggieMomhelp yes I sent in my ACT! Thank you!

@CamandCam I applied around mid October as a political science major! I understand I most likely will not get in the first year, but maybe after the first year I can transfer.
Thank you!

@sq21701 , please stay positive. I don’t know how competitive poli sci is, but being just outside the first quartile and with your good ACT score and good ECs, you never know what may happen. And it’s only been about a month since you applied, so don’t get discouraged. Keep us updated. Good luck!

@sq21701 I think you have a great shot with that 28 and just outside the first quartile. You probably won’t hear back though til January. That’s my guess and if it’s blinn team… that’s great too! Everyone is treated the same here.