Chances at Mays Business Honors

<p>Basically, I'm a high school junior wondering what my chances are at getting into the Business Honors program at Mays Business School at Texas A&M. I'm automatically admitted to the school by the top 10% rule and have a Texas Tomorrow fund for tuition, so I'm just wondering about the honors program. Please be blunt!</p>

<p>SAT: 660 math, 660 reading, 670 writing
GPA: 5.5 on the weighted 6.0 scale, 4.0 on the 4.0 scale
Class rank: 13 out of 632 (top 2% of my graduating class)
Extracurriculars: Vice president of National Honor Society, member of Spanish National Honor Society, and I've worked some part-time jobs (if that matters)</p>

<p>My biggest worry is the SAT score…It's a 1320 composite, and apparently 1416 is the average and 1300 is minimum. I have only taken the SAT once, however, so should I retake it? I'm just wondering if a retake is really necessary. Thanks! </p>

<p>My D had similar stats to yours and didn’t get into Mays Honors. I would retake the SAT after some serious studying. The good news is that she has thrived at Mays and graduates in May. She hasn’t found regular Mays to be limiting at all. Good Luck!</p>

<p>Debbie7452, could you share her stats please? Just for comparison, if you don’t mind. :)</p>

<p>Sorry, I don’t remember exactly. That was 4 years ago! I just know they were similar SAT’s, leadership positions, over 4.0 GPA. I know her rank was a bit lower…around 40/700. Best of Luck to you.</p>

<p>It isn’t all about numbers (although many have high scores), the highest scorers do not necessarily make it if they don’t have other achievements. Do you have any other unique accolades? If not (you said be blunt) that would be the area you would need to develop to be competitive. The ones we know were all very involved in HS, lots of awards, leaders, competitive nature & academically impressive. Good luck!</p>