Chances at Mays

I am
Top 31% of my class
4.44 GPA
Good volunteer hours and extracurricular
NEW SAT - 1200
What are my chances of getting accepted to Mays for Finance?

@batman222 With Mays being very competitive for admissions, I do not think your rank and SAT are competitive enough that you will be offered admissions to Mays. Blinn Team, would be most likely. This can be a good thing and still get you on campus and evenruall full admission. A&M and Blinn have admissions agreements for auto acceptance into some Majors and Mays is one of them if you complete the requirements http://blinnteam.tamu.edu/AdmissionAgreements/BuadWorksheet2016.pdf
You might also be offered PSAl, which offers auto admissions to some majors, but not for Mays. The criteria is found here. http://admissions.tamu.edu/PSA
Just because your scores were not competitive for initial admissions does not mean you won’t be a strong student and Blinn Team and PSA allow you to accomplish and prove that. Work on that application to get your best offer of admissions.
Good Luck

Mays is filled by rolling admissions. It fills quickly, the stats of the Business school rivals those of the Engineering school for the highest achieving average incoming freshman group on campus. The vast majority of Mays students are automatic applicants ( top 10% and academic admits). It is possible to gain admission to the campus but Mays will already be full, they do not have a two step admission process for Mays like they do for Engineering. All business students are admitted to general business, then apply for majors after completing some initial courses with a certain GPA.

You would be a review admit, the stats that count here are class rank ( 2nd quartile,31%) and scores ( 1200 ). That is said to be half your admissions profile, the other is everything else on your application ( EC, leadership, essays, recs -if submitted, interest). This pool of applicants is highly competitive for ‘full’ admission - the range of scores in this group include those who just missed the academic admits stats.

I would have a backup plan in place, and research the other options of admissions that may be offered to you. You will most likely not get a decision until mid-late February or March, that will be beyond the date for most other college application windows. I would put this school in the reach category for you, if you are looking for a classification.