Chances at the top 6 uc's

<p>thanks in advance</p>

<p>what are my chances at:
ucb
ucla
ucsd
ucd
ucsb
uci (i probably won’t go here because of the foriegn lauguage GE requirement, its 3 classes and i hate lauguages)
and if your not offended that im asking for USC chances on a UC only forum. </p>

<p>also for berkeley’s case is there a big difference between Fall admit chances and spring admit chances?</p>

<p>intended major- biology/ Integrative Biology/ physiology, you know what i mean</p>

<ol>
<li><p>GPA:
3.55 uw, 3.65 UC gpa, 4.00 gpa weighted. i have taken 12 honors/ap classes freshman to junior year. This year i am taking AP Biology and AP Calculus AB which are the last two ap/honors classes my school offers. </p></li>
<li><p>Test Scores:
32 act
700 Math 2
700 u.s. history</p></li>
<li><p>Personal statements: </p></li>
<li><p>i mentioned my parents car crash when i was a freshman on how both my parents became disabled and how i had to take care of my mom, dad, and 7 year old bro.</p></li>
<li><p>I also wrote about how the hard enviroment i grew in has shaped me to become a strong, passionate, perservering, and respected leader. </p></li>
<li><p>Extracurricular:
Volunteer:
200 hr. at local hospital (i wrote in my statement on how i started going to the hospital to just get volunteer hours but in the end i want to be a doctor when i grow up) </p></li>
</ol>

<p>clubs/sports (i only joined a few so i can have a leadership position in all)

1. 4 year nhs (President 2009)
  2. 4 year csf (secratery 2009)
  3. 4 year mesa (secratery 2009)
  4. 4 year track and field (Captain, 3 year varsity, and 2 time defending league champ.)</p>

<p>awards:

1. Ap scholar
  2. 2008 most improved thrower (made a 45 foot improvement in the discus from freshman year to sopomore year
  3. 2008-2009 league champ </p>

<ol>
<li>other information</li>
<li>low income family only makes about 52k a year</li>
<li>neither of my parents have a degree (shouldn’t this factor in a little bit?)</li>
<li>im from california</li>
<li>im top 10% in my class of 750 </li>
</ol>

<p>also where would be the perfect place for a premed and as my name says a future ent surgeon? people tell me stay away from la and berkeley they are cuthroat and go to ucsd. other tell me since the middle uc’s: ucsd, uci, ucd, and ucsb are all equal in the eyes of admission don’t go ucsd because it is the most rigorous of the middle uc’s. i need some advice.</p>

<p>fyi, the uci foreign language requirement is carried over from high school i believe. meaning if u took 3 years already you already fulfileld it.</p>

<p>If you have met all your GEs
I would say
UCI/D/SB - in 90%
UCSD/LA - match 75%
UCB - match 70%
USC - 80%
good scores/ECs
now just wait for those acceptances to come flying through the mail :)</p>

<p>for premed/any bio related stuff, i would suggest going to UCSD.</p>

<p>ucb- low reach
ucla- low reach
ucsd- high match
ucd- high match/ in
ucsb- high match/ in
uci- high match/ in
usc- high match</p>

<p>Good Luck!</p>

<p>treesick: so i have completed 3 years of launguage so does that mean i don’t have to do any?</p>