34 Reading
32 Science</p>

<p>SAT Subjects:
Literature: 700
Math 1: 660
U.S. History: 610</p>

<p>Activities:
Photography Department Editor on the School Newspaper
President/Founder of Cinematography Club (3x years)
Cofounder Electronics Club
Working part-time at a major area newspaper</p>

<p>Transcript from Local University (Dual Enrolled Junior year):
Film Appreciation - A
General Psychology - B</p>

<p>Senior Curriculum:
AP Literature
AP Environmental Science
AP European History
AP Government / Honors Economics
Newspaper V (Honors)
TV Production III</p>

<p>I sent in two letters of recommendation, one from my sophomore- and junior-year English teacher (honors, then AP), and one from the school newspaper advisor (in the class junior- and senior-year).</p>

<p>My brother is currently attending the University of Miami (transferred in).</p>

<p>Thank you very much for the chances!</p>

<p>I applied EA as well. You're in, buddy...!</p>

<p>Does anyone know when decisions will be out for EA? I had thought Jan 15th, but not sure....</p>

<p>i think you'll probably get accepted. your GPA is low but your test scores should make up for it, and plus you have a difficult courseload. good luck!</p>

<p>Thank you both very much for the optimism. I really do hope I get in.</p>

<p>And, I am under the impression that those who applied Early Action by the 11/1/07 deadline will be notified on February 1st of 2008. Hope that helps.</p>

<p>i applied early action last year and i found out way before the deadline... so keep looking, you never know when it may come!</p>

<p>lylbeachbabee: How does UM notify? do you have to keep checking or do they e-mail you? Online or by mail?</p>

<p>I just randomly got it in the mail one day... it was totally unexpected. although it was in a big envelope i just figured it was brochures or whatever. i can't find the envelope that it came in (i was looking for the postmark date) but the letter inside is dated december 2006. i definitely got it before february, and i'm assuming that the deadlines are the same.</p>

<p>Historically, UM has mailed EA decisions in random batches from mid Jan-Feb 1st. Acceptances come in a really nice packet. Hang in there and good luck to you all.</p>

<p>Last year my daugter's acceptance was posted on myUM January 19. Her acceptance package came in the mail a day or two later.</p>

<p>Ah, thats good news. Thank you!</p>

<p>And lylbeachbabee, are you currently attending UM?</p>

<p>yesss I am! I just finished my first semester!</p>

<p>Awesome. How are you liking it? If you don't mind, whats your major?</p>

<p>If you look online, on myUM the notification will come even before the acceptance package/letter. I found out online almost a week before i got my package last year. Im a freshmen their this year as well.</p>

<p>I like it a lot so far! I joined a sorority so I've gotten really involved in a lot of different ways. I would definitely recommend going greek if you're into that kind of thing. I'm majoring in chemistry (pre-med).</p>

<p>Very cool. Sorry for the interrogation, but if you don't mind...how are the classes? The professors? Dare I ask, the dorms? haha</p>

<p>Thanks again.</p>