Chances at Virginia Tech

<p>I'm a senior from NH. </p>

<p>GPA- 4.0 out of 4.8
SAT's- 1920
AP's- US History (4 on the test), World History, Biology, Computer Sciences
Couple of extracurricluars (blood drive, math honor society, national honor society, etc.) including work experience since i was 16.</p>

<p>Im looking to apply early decision after a visit that assured me of everything i had expected from the school. </p>

<p>Im looking to go into engineering. What are my chances to get into the program. and if not at least into the school itself? </p>

<p>Thank you</p>

<p>What’re your section scores for the SAT? A 700 reading and math with a 520 writing is a lot different from a 500 math with a 1420 reading writing.</p>

<p>ida is correct. Consideration for the e-school starts at 600 each M & CR. Consideration, not acceptance. The avg GPA was 3.95 on a 4.0 scale. Out of state admits are harder than in state, with an approximate ratio of 70% in/ 30% OOS.
You need to look at your score breakdown and calculate your grade on a 4.0 scale to get a better idea of your chances.
Best of luck.</p>

<p>630 in math
610 in reading
680 in writing
*Taking them again on the 9th.
And the GPA at my school is not at all traditional. different classes and different subjects are weighted differently. On a transcript it equates to aound an A-/B+ Average.</p>