Chances at VT?

<p>GPA - 3.777UW / 4.156W</p>

<p>SAT - 1230/1770. (640M, 590CR, 540W) Retaking in October and also the ACT in September.</p>

<p>Rank - Top 2-3% of class. 12/450.</p>

<p>School - Magnet School</p>

<p>Instate.</p>

<p>Ethnicity – Asian – Male</p>

<p>Intended major - Biology (Is this a competitive major? It's listed as number 3 on the top majors, yikes!)</p>

<p>Extracurricular - Lots, but I I've heard VT only looks at GPA/Tests so I won't bore you guys by posting haha.</p>

<p>I believe you are in. My weighted GPA was about 0.02 lower than yours and my SAT scores were a little bit less and I got in. I don’t think biology is a very competitive major considering most people who apply to Virginia Tech apply for architecture or engineering. The only reason biology is so high on the list is because Virginia Tech has a very high acceptance rate to medical schools for pre-med students. Most students who are doing pre-med major in biology or chemistry. I have no doubt in my mind that you will be accepted. You could actually probably get into engineering with your score to be honest.</p>

<p>You’re fine.</p>

<p>Everyone kept telling me my CR/W was too low for tech. Hopefully you guys are right and I get in haha!</p>

<p>I’m hoping to do pre-med too haha.</p>

<p>gpa: 3.6 uw, 3.9 w
sat: 1160/ 1650 retakin in november and act in september
school: magnet school
School - Magnet School
Instate.
Ethnicity – Asian – Male
major: biology or chemistry
not too many activities
chances at tech?</p>

<p>^ You’ll get more help if you make a thread haha</p>

<p>plue00,
You are probably being told your CR is a bit low because the e-school starts consideration at a 600 minimum for CR & M. I wouldn’t get your knickers in a knot over your W. Biology is in CAS so the admit stats are a bit different.</p>

<p>If your school uses Naviance this is going to be your best indicator. It will give you history of past applicants, their GPA & SAT/ACT scores, and show on a graph which were accepted, wait-listed, and denied. Stats needed from individual schools can vary in state. From our school students are rarely accepted with stats under a 4.0/2000. Other schools may take a 3.8/1850. This is where class rank and course rigor comes in.</p>

<p>Def give the SAT another go. If you don’t have the BBB (aka Big Blue Book) I would highly recommend it. VT superscores, so you can focus on CR. The W doesn’t need to be a literary masterpiece. Make sure you know how many concrete details are needed etc. Even if you’re not a great creative writer, if you know mechanically what you have to include you should do okay.</p>

<p>Best of luck!</p>

<p>I took the November SAT and my super score now is a 590CR, 640M, 640W, and 10E. 1870 combined.</p>