Chances for a junior?

<p>Hi I'm an asian male junior from a white suburban city in Wisconsin, I was just wondering what my chances for UW-Madison are. </p>

<p>School Stats
GPA: 3.98 uw/ 4.59 w
ACT: 30 (retaking in June)
SAT I + II: (taking in June/October/November)</p>

<p>Freshmen (4.0 uw)</p>

<p>Gym 9
Orchestra
World History
French 2
Geometry Hon
English 9 Hon
Biology Hon</p>

<p>Sophomore (4.0 uw)</p>

<p>Algebra II Hon
Gym 11 / Health
20th Century
Orchestra
Chemistry Hon
English 10 Hon
French 3</p>

<p>Junior (1 B+ in apush, 2nd sem isn't over yet :/)</p>

<p>Pre Calc Hon / Calc AB
Research and Comp / Brit Lit II
AP Biology
Orchestra
French 4
APUSH
AP Physics </p>

<p>Senior (hopefully a 4.0 uw)</p>

<p>AP English Lit/Comp
AP Chem
AP Stat
French 5
AP Psychology
AP Calc BC
AP Micro </p>

<p>EC's
Cross Country (jv: 9 var:10,11,12)
Tennis (jv:9,10 var:11,12)
Co-concert master of school orchestra
MYSO (11,12)
Wisconsin State Honors Orchestra (9,11)
Mu Alpha Theta (11,12)
VP and co-founder of Badmitten Club
Secretary of Frisbee Club
NHS
Yoga Club
Recycling Club</p>

<p>Volunteering:
Violin Turtoring: 150 hrs.
Hospital Volunteering: 200 hrs. </p>

<p>Also I've attended Summer Music Clinic at Madison since 7th grade and have went to CTD Northwestern since 10th.</p>

<p>Thanks for your replies!</p>

<p>ur easily in</p>

<p>intended major? You're in, but the real competition for you will be merit $ and the special UG programs like the med scholars</p>

<p>I guess I'm going for the med scholars program. I want to become a dentist, but I have no clue if I have to go through the pre-med stuff in order to become one. I probably will major in biology/chemistry. (I really don't know anything about college, sorry)</p>

<p>If you want to be a dentist, you don't have to go through "pre-med stuff". You could major in psychology or ag or whatever, as long as you have the needed credits for dental school. Of course, taking alot of science classes will help your application :)</p>

<p>Are the courses for pre-med and pre-dentistry similar? Like if my parents were insane and told me to become a doctor half-way through my sophomore year, the transition wouldn't be too difficult?</p>

<p>undergrad= not very different
grad=very different</p>

<p>so to transition sophomore year, it would not be hard at all. people major in history or journalism and still become doctors or dentists...</p>

<p>P.S. - Get as many scholarships as you can, that way you can tell your parents to bugger off (edited). It's your education. I would go nuts if my parents attempted to dictate my future at this point in life.</p>

<p>Med scholars is competitive, you're not a lock but certainly competitive.</p>

<p>haha but my parents are quite asian, so they have to be involved in EVERYTHING. :)</p>

<p>Also, what do you think I need in my application that would strengthen my chances at med scholars?</p>

<p>My dad is a Dentist and believe me, all of his Bio and Chem classes helped when he had to take his DATs so don't sluff off science, maybe a science minor? Hope this helps.</p>

<p>thanks for the replies everyone! i really appreciate it.</p>