Chances for A&M Petroleum Engineering?

<p>Howdy!</p>

<p>My application was processed on September 2, and my credentials were processed on September 11. I'm very impatient especially because I know that engineering is one of the most competitive majors. I chose PetE as my first and MechE as my second choice.</p>

<p>I submitted: 3 good essays, 2 letters of recommendation, over 100 service hours, an additional resume (similar to the one on ApplyTexas).</p>

<p>My Stats:</p>

<p>1900 SAT (received on October 26 because I took it October 5)
-600 Critical Reading
-670 Math
-630 Writing</p>

<p>I am ranked 9/82 (Top 11%- I missed top 10% by one rank!)</p>

<p>When do you think I might receive an acceptance decision?</p>

<p>Thanks!!
Alex Ferrell</p>

<p>did you end up getting accepted? I just applied and im in the top 32 percent. I have a 27 act (1830 sat). MY resume is pretty goood.</p>

<p>Alex, you’re a review admit, so your wait for a decision may be longer, and engineering fills up quickly. If you can still register for the fall SAT, you might try retesting. You’re just 30 pts. shy of the 1300 needed (R + M) to be an academic admit. That would get you in automatically. Same thing with an ACT of 30. </p>

<p>Agree ^ sign up for the next SAT/ACT they accept updated scores for tests taken pre-Dec1 deadline. Timeline last year was roughly Dec/Jan from what I could tell for review admits to the university that selected engineering, then they had to compete for the last 15% of slots into the engineering major. It is possible to get into the university but not get selected for your major. It will be worth your time & effort ( & any last minute fees) to retake and improve your score. You will need to keep or increase the CR of 600 (minimum required), so don’t forget to study for that portion as well.</p>

<p>The OP was almost a year ago. Not sure why he didn’t return to respond to this but he did to other threads.</p>

<p><a href=“Class of 2018 - Admissions Status - #365 by Alexferrell27 - Texas A&M University - College Confidential Forums”>Class of 2018 - Admissions Status - #365 by Alexferrell27 - Texas A&M University - College Confidential Forums;