Chances for A&M

<p>Hey there, I was wondering what my chances for A&M are. I'm currently a junior about to go into my senior year. </p>

<p>Class Rank: 35% (I go to a competitive high school with like 600 people in my class)</p>

<p>GPA: At the end of this year, should be like 3.5 or 3.6. </p>

<p>Classes: Several AP Classes and Honors. Like, Im taking all Honors/APs except for one class. 3 years of French, 4 years of Orchestra in their top class. </p>

<p>Leadership: NJROTC Cadet for 4 years, completed Basic Leadership Training and Leadership Academy. </p>

<p>Hours: Over 200 hours of community service</p>

<p>SAT Score: 2010 Overall, 1280 for Math and Critical Reading combined. 600 atleast in each. Im taking it again to see if I can do better. Also, Im taking the ACT in September and Im taking a class for it. </p>

<p>I want to get into A&M for business. Any advice would be appreciated. I also have no idea how the Blinn Team option works, so again any advice would be appreciated. Thank you!</p>

<p>Are you considering corp?</p>

<p>Well, Im not entirely sure yet, since I want to go to business. I honestly have no interest in joining the military. I think there is an option within the corps where I can participate in it without actually joining the military. If doing that increases my chances, I can do that. I dont need a military scholarship, since money isnt really a huge problem for me.</p>

<p>I am hearing that the road for review admits is about to get a lot more difficult. I don’t know if that’s true or not. You are just shy of the 1300 on the SAT that would make you an academic admit IF your rank were top 25%, which it’s not. So you have a little ground to cover. I was looking for something to cover that 10% gap, and I was wondering if corp might do it. You might talk to someone with the corp to see if it would increase your chances of admission. What did you play in orchestra? Can you play something besides strings - in other words, would you be an asset to the Fighting Texas Aggie Band?</p>

<p>All you can do is try your hardest and apply. I’d check into the corp avenue. Yes, you can decide at the end of your sophomore year if you want to go the military route, or if you want to be a “ceremony” cadet.</p>