Chances for an african American looking at several reaches

<p>Chances for Tulane my #1 applying restrictive early action, and University of Miami, University of San Diego ,Wake Forest, Colgate, Hamilton, Boston College, Davidson, Claremont Mckenna, Pitzer, Middlebury, Syracuse, uMass Amherst, Occidental, Northeastern, and University of Rochester</p>

<p>Sorry for the long list I'm just trying to keep as many options open as possible, any other college suggestions will be graciously accepted as well</p>

<p>Financial aid will be very important, as I likely cannot pay over about 12,000 a year</p>

<p>3.3 UW 3.5 W
1920 SAT- 590 CR 690 M 640 W
Very rigorous course selection all honors + 5 APs (Chem, Calc AB, Gov, Bio, Stat) at great northeastern prep school</p>

<p>3 sport varsity athlete - cross country, track, baseball
clubs- math league, science olympiad
job every summer
African American 1st Gen College</p>

<p>your AP’s are very impressive and you go to a prep school which shows rigor…
your GPA is kind of low especially unweighted, but colleges are likely to overlook this for your class rigor and being an URM.
your SAT is also low (retake?), however, it fits into the 25th percentile for many of these schools and the 25th percentile is mainly URM’s! </p>

<p>I think you have decent chances, a 2000 would very helpful though</p>

<p>my friend got a 1740 (she is black) and into Midd! </p>

<p>I think you have a great shot at ALL of them, as long as you aren’t applying as an English major, since the reading score is your lowest. Since your math is your highest score I would think that all of these schools are good prospects for you as long as you show your willingness to study something that plays to your math / science strengths. Also, you have many things that make you a good candidate not just one hook. Lastly, be careful with your essays, since your reading score is lower they are going to want to see that you can still handle that aspect of college and a good essay should seal the deal. Good luck!</p>

<p>“however, it fits into the 25th percentile for many of these schools and the 25th percentile is mainly URM’s!”</p>

<p>Oh my…</p>