Chances For Beering Scholarship?

<p>Hello, my name is Tyler and I have never been into the whole Ivy League thing. However, when I found out that if your family makes less than 60,000 a year you can get a full ride I quickly became interested. I am currently a junior so I still have some things to do to get ready for college, but I thought I would get a preliminary opinion. OK so here is my info.</p>

<p>GPA: 4.078
Public High School
ACT( took as sophomore taking it again in like 2 weeks): 29 (hoping for 33)</p>

<p>Schedule: 10th
Honors Chem
ACC Algebra II
Spanish III
AP History (got a 4 on the exam)
English 10
Health
Drawing Fundamentals (got thrown in I hate art lol)</p>

<p>11th
AP Government (haven't taken exam yet)
English 11
Organic Chem
Analytical Chem
Bio II
Econ
ACC Trig
Spanish IV</p>

<p>Prospective 12th grade schedule
AP Calc BC
AP Bio
AP Chem
AP Spanish (spanish V)
English 12
Newspaper/Brit Lit/Sociology (i dont know yet)</p>

<p>Extra Curricular</p>

<p>Science Olympiad
Driven Club (christian club)
Spanish Club
Spanish Honors Society
NHS
Varsity Tennis
Young Republicans</p>

<p>I come from an extremely low income family (Less than 15000 a year.) My parents are divorced and I live with my mom. I am a first generation college attendee.</p>

<p>Thanks so much for your help. I know these can be annoying. Please be brutally honest</p>

<p>The Beering scholarship is a merit scholarship. Applicants with a 34 or 35 + on the ACT are invited to apply. I think what you're thinking of is a need-based scholarship. I'm not exactly sure how it works at Purdue, but your family should be able to get money.</p>

<p>Anyway, you definitely have a great chance at Purdue!</p>

<p>You're a shoo in for Purdue and should get lots and lots of aid if your family really makes under 15k/year (though I really don't understand how that's possible b/c that's like under minimum wage)....are you in state? If so I'd expect you to get a full ride easy.</p>

<p>No, im out of state. My mom broke her leg and lost her job so the only income we receive is child support. Im really hoping for a 34 but ill be happy with a 33</p>

<p>Also, many people do live below poverty. Its not just in Africa or 3rd world countries.</p>

<p>Its an invite-only scholarship</p>

<p>My D had a 34 on her ACT. 3.92gpa/4.93wgpa. A ton of AP's and IB's. She did not get invited to apply for the Beering if that gives you any kind of idea how competative it is.</p>

<p>what does "my D" i see it all the time here. Does that mean ur daughter???</p>

<p>^Yes, D = daughter.</p>