Chances for Blinn TEAM?

<p>Hello! Can someone please tell me if I have a chance at a Blinn TEAM offer? I know acceptance into A&M college station is a very large reach for me. So I would like to know if Blinn TEAM is going to be a reach as well or if I've got a chance. My first choice major is Aerospace engineering and I plan to be in the Corps of Cadets.</p>

<p>GPA 3.08
ACT 22
SAT 490m 470r 420w
RANK 98/244
I am retaking the SAT in November after much studying. I am hoping for close to a 600 on both math and reading.</p>

<p>I have asked two of my teachers to write me letters of recommendation and will mail those in at the beginning of November.</p>

<p>I am also taking 3 dual credit classes so I will be graduating with 9 college hours.</p>

<p>EXTRACURRICULAR ACTIVITIES
Basketball - freshman team - 9th grade
Key club - 12th grade
I am in the process of volunteering at a local aviation business that helps train future pilots. I should start my volunteering sometime this week. I thought this would look good since my first choice major is Aerospace engineering. </p>

<p>I am going for a campus visit October 29th. I plan on having a prospective student session, talking with corps representatives, and touring the Aerospace engineering department. In November I am going to try to attend "spend the night with the corps" in order to show more interest.</p>

<p>I plan on applying near the beginning of November. I am writing all three essays and I will try to make them perfect.</p>

<p>Please give me your opinion and also tell me what I can do to better improve my chances of acceptance for Blinn TEAM. Thanks!</p>

<p>Can someone please help?</p>

<p>The sooner you apply the better, they usually give out Blinn TEAM offers to the ones who are qualified enough to have been fully accepted into A&M, but just applied too late.
I know of people who have been fully accepted to A&M engineering with a 3.4, while I had a 3.77 and ranked 30 out of 294 and just made blinn team. The dual credit will help you out though, as well as the letters of recommendations. Just apply early enough and write really good essays. </p>

<p>Getting into engineering is going to be tough though, and the chances of getting full acceptance after a year is slim. You’re probably going to be in the program for at least 1.5 years, maybe even 2 because you have to have a lot of basic engineering courses done before applying to the college. </p>

<p>Good luck though!</p>

<p>How was your campus visit?</p>

<p>It went extremely well! I fell in love! Everyone is nice and I love the environment! The corps seems like a lot of fun too! I took the SAT today and I feel like I did better! Ill be applying soon!</p>

<p>My son got Blinn Team. Applied end of Sept. 1200 SAT, 11.5% class rank. Hundreds of community service hours. He was sad at first, but he’s there, and really enjoying it. Most of the kids in his Chemistry and Calculus classes are Blinn Team as well. And he’s living on campus!</p>

<p>budger, that’s great! Glad he’s happy! What a great program. Glad they’re making provisions for those kids that are good students and are sharp, but just didn’t quite make that 10% mark. There are a lot of competitive high schools out there. Makes it difficult.</p>

<p>I got my new sat scores.
540m
520cr
510w</p>

<p>ttttttttttttt</p>

<p>I’m sorry but I don’t think you’ll get blinn team. I graduated HS in 2011 and didn’t get blinn team. But I went to blinn for 3 semesters & I have my NSC tomorrow.</p>

<p>GPA: 94.3 (my school did 100% scale)
Act: 27 (31 on reading)
Tons of ECs including varsity letter in 2 sports, uil academics regional finalist, school broadcasting anchor, intern for CBS Sports, & StuCo.</p>

<p>If you don’t get accepted, it’s not that big of deal. Go to blinn for a year, make decent grades, save a couple grand, & transfer in. Good luck</p>

<p>^how did you not get blinn team? From what i’ve heard, everyone who gets rejected is offered Blinn Team or some sort of way into A&M (like gateway).</p>

<p>Nicole,</p>

<p>No, not everyone that is rejected gets Blinn Team or another avenue in. There are other avenues like the TAP program, but it’s not for every major. You can go to a junior college and transfer in like 11aggie15 is doing, but some folks just don’t get in…period…</p>

<p>^Oh, well that’s not what I’ve heard.</p>

<p>You’ve heard wrong.</p>

<p>actually… <a href=“http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/texas-m-university/1291363-review-admits-decisions-2.html[/url]”>http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/texas-m-university/1291363-review-admits-decisions-2.html&lt;/a&gt; (#26)</p>

<p>As I said, you can go to a junior college and transfer in, which is what the other options entail (in different forms), but you still have to qualify when the transfer time comes. Not everyone is able to do that for every major. Blinn team is the most attractive way in for most, because you still get to basically be an Aggie! But not everyone gets this option…it’s usually those that were really close. For some majors, transferring in may be very challenging, and some may decide that it would be more advantageous to go another route altogether. I can tell you that had my daughter not been an auto admit, not gotten Blinn Team or MAYBE TAP, she would have gone elsewhere.</p>

<p>…</p>

<p>To illustrate, this is an excerpt from the recent thread about fall transfers:</p>

<p>@Chad Hey, your college is part of TAMU TAP program Transfer Articulation Program (TAP) … you’re auto-admit if you complete their course list. You’re lucky.</p>

<p>I was here ~~> Texas A&M University | Transfer Information Day Monday. The head of PetE admissioner/professor said that MechE and PetE is the hardest to get into. He told us the Pete takes about 220 students a year. Top 10% high school freshman take lot of those space leaving about 70 for transfer. He said of (PetE) they start at 4.0 and work down; by the time he gets to 3.8 GPA it’s full. He told us have a plan B if applying for transfer with under 3.8 GPA. COLD HARD FACTS.</p>

<p><a href=“http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/texas-m-university/1418467-fall-2013-transfer-thread.html[/url]”>http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/texas-m-university/1418467-fall-2013-transfer-thread.html&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>I am not sure what was on that link Nicoleg13 put, but I was on blinn TEAM myself. I am not going to say that I was the smartest kid in my high school class, but I do know of people who got into A&M with the same grades and qualifications as myself. Difference is: they applied in November while I applied the day before the application was due. So, Blinn TEAM, as stated earlier, are people who qualify to get into A&M but there is no room because they applied too late.</p>

<p>^I hope that is the case! I feel like I am borderline on getting in but I applied in November, so hopefully that helps! Planning to do Blinn Team or Gateway though if I don’t get in.</p>