Chances for boarding schools?

Hi I’m an 8th grader trying to apply for the 2022-23 school year. I’m applying to 15 schools : Blair, Choate, Deerfield, Episcopal, The Hills, Hotchkiss, Kent, Lawrenceville, Mercersburg, Peddie, Andover, Exeter, St. Andrews, St. Marks, and St. Pauls School. Although I am sure I won’t get accepted into most of these schools… I was wondering what other people thought of my chances? I have always moved around so I didn’t have the opportunities to fully dedicate my childhood to an extracurricular or do anything outstanding compared to other applicants. However, I have always had good grades (A+ and all 99 and 100 for midterms this year) and I take math a year ahead of my grade level (geometry).
My extracurriculars:
Cello (3 years, placed into highest orchestra at regionals)
Golf(2(?) years, haven’t been to many tournaments)
NJHS vice-president
Student government
GT program (Kinder-8th)
Entomology club (7th year, ran for vice-president)
Tennis team (7th, won districts)
Yearbook club( took as an elective)
Spanish 1
I also volunteer a lot

I have lived in Angola, Africa, and South Korea as well as Texas so I will probably incorporate those experiences into my application
I have also travelled a lot during my childhood…
However, my parents are applying for financial aid and are inexperienced as we have only thought of applying to boarding schools this summer.

I really have nothing outstanding in my application but… I hope there is still a slight chance??

im sorry i meant 2023-24 school year

I think you have a good chance of getting in somewhere. Are you taking the ssat?

1 Like

yeah I didn’t do as well as I wanted on the first attempt so I think I am retaking during early Jan. and submitting the scores late.

I think you have a great chance, but be positive and confident!

Hi! I’m also applying to some of your school for the 2023-2024 year. Results are coming out soon… are you excited?

2 Likes