Chances for College of Technology?

<p>Im a Rising senior Mechanical Engineering Technology major, with a 3.83 CGPA for my high school career. I have a 29 composite ACT (33E, 33R, 22M, 28S).</p>

<p>I was elected National Honor Society secretary for senior year, and have been an NHS member for two years. I have two years of Varsity tennis, two years of JV football, a year of JV basketball, and now go to kickboxing year-round along with tennis. I had over 90 internship hours at my local fire department assisting on the ambulance, and I co-organized several community service projects, and have participated in many more. </p>

<p>Chance me for COT/ MechE Tech? Also, any chances of scholarships?</p>

<p>I’ve considered applying for First Year Engineering as well, but since my ACT math score is so low and I’ve never taken Physics, I doubt they’d let me in. I am in-state, though.</p>

<p>No one really posts here… Idk why, but I’d say a low match. Bump up the ACT and take physics courses. As for scholarships, I’m not quite sure but the presidential or trustees seem like a reach. Good luck fellow applicants :)</p>

<p>I’m a senior and I’ve already applied, so no time to take Physics :frowning: I feel like I should be a lock for the College of Tech though.</p>

<p>Oh :confused: well then only time will tell… Goodluck :)</p>

<p>I think you can go for your dreams, you need to get a few semesters minimum of Physics under your belt Your ACT scores are not bad, they are not in the 30 - 36 range that will make your app stand out. Perhaps wait a semester or two and get these courses and ACT numbers up to save a few bucks before paying full price as I highly doubt any scholarship will come your way. You can always go to a local lower cost school, take the Physics and also other courses that would count torwards your degree – then transfer. Just as good as a scholarship as you save $$$ the first year or two.</p>