Chances for Computer Science

<p>Do guys think i have a shot at Purdue?
* Stats:
* GPA: 2.9
* ACT: 25
* TOEFL - 79 Internet Based Test(English is my 2nd language)
* 7 AP Courses
* 3 honors courses
* Essays: Good (according to me)
* Teacher Recs: no
* Counselor Rec: no
* Extra Activities: Math Team, Chess Club, Business Club
* State or Country: Minnesota
* School Type: Public
* Ethnicity: Asian
* Other: Moved to USA in freshman year thats why my ACT is bad because low score on English
* First Generation College Student
* My GPA is also not great but i took very rigorous courses </p>

<p>I really want to get in to Purdue</p>

<p>You have a decent shot. GPA is low, but seeing as you are a first generation college student and have taken 7 AP’s helps.</p>

<p>I got into computer science with 3 APs (none in any math and science), one year of honors math and the rest CP, a 30 ACT, and I don’t have the first generation advantage you have. You also are in some great clubs and you say you have good essays. Your school may be WICKED competitive which they take into consideration for the GPA. I think you’ll be in good shape :)</p>

<p>however, one thing that may be important is if you are applying in state. if you are, i think there would be pretty good advantage for the instate person. not sure how much though, but if your not instate, it’s probably more competitive.</p>

<p>another good thing to know is that colleges take into consideration how many AP or honors class your school has. If you are a student at a small school with not very many APs and you take every AP class that school offers, they will take that into consideration when comparing you to the kid at a big school who took a ton of APs. basically, you are not supposed to have a disadvantage if you go to a small school with not very many AP classes.</p>