Chances for Engineering Program

<p>Currently a junior, race second-generation Hispanic (dad is Salvadorian, mom is Mexican)
GPA: unweighted 3.34, weighted 3.7 something (sorry forgot lol). My school uses a very tough grading system where 93-100 is an A and 85-92 is a B. I also go to one of the top 5 public schools in Tennessee.
Class Rank: 186/566
Avg. Grade: 91.09
Honors I've Taken: Honors Geometry, Honors English, Honors Biology, Honors Chemistry, Honors Spanish III, Honors Algebra II
Honors Currently Taking: Honors Pre-Calculus, Honors Spanish IV
APs I'm Taking: AP Chem, AP Bio
Next Year's Honors/AP: AP Calc BC, Ap Physics C: Mech, AP Statistics
my grades have definitely improved a LOT since freshman/sophmore year. 1st semester this year got all As and 1 B.
SAT: 800-M/640-R (yuck)/740-W (10 on essay)
ACT: 30 overall :/
PSAT: 206 overall
EC: Member of Model United Nations, member of 30+ Club, member of the high school bowling team. I have been bowling since 2000 and have won numerous citywide and statewide competitions and also a scholarship. I also play tennis and raquetball recreationally. I'm planning to get a lot of service hours this summer once I'm done studying for my AP exams, and also I'm going to 2 engineering-related summer camps.
Other: 2nd statewide in the National Spanish Exam, 2007, National Hispanic Scholar, National Commended Student
Intended Major: Materials Science/Enginnering or Chemical Engineering. I'm very interested in nanotechnology.</p>

<p>bumping...</p>

<p>you seem like a good candidate except for your gpa. I believe that Purdue will put into account your schools way of grading so I would place you as an ever so slight reach.</p>

<p>are you joking j89? this guy is in easy</p>

<p>Yeah you're getting in. Math is more important than CR so don't really worry about the SAT score. your ACT score is good too. Your GPA seems fine I think. Consider it a slight match just in case. Don't have purdue as your fall back school.</p>

<p>My GPA is going to go up to 3.42 after this semester and my class rank is going to go up too, but I'm not sure by how much.</p>

<p>Purdue accepts ANYONE who simply writes their application. ANYONE.</p>

<p>yes, you'll probably get in...staying in is the hard part</p>