Chances for engineering

<p>Regular Decision applicant: white male
4.38 GPA and 49/327 for class rank. 1240 sat with 670 math. 670 on Math 2 and 620 on math 1
Previous classes : AP bio, APES, Pre-calc pre ib, Advanced chem, latin 4, advanced english (9,10,11)
Current classes: AP Physics b, Ap calc ab, AP gov, IB comp sci, Dual enrollment english
Extracurricular: NHS, national latin honor society, beta, volunteer in guidance office, SODA (teach 4th graders life lessons and on harmful effects of drugs and alcohol) other minor clubs and volunteer activities
2 year varsity golf, varsity indoor track, 2 year varsity outdoor track
3 from my school were already accepted for engineering as early applicants
I feel like I'm right on the bubble, especially with no family ties to the school</p>

<p>What is your UW GPA?</p>

<p>i beleive 3.827. including this year have been enrolled in 28 high school classes with 5 B’s</p>

<p>I think you look good. I always ask UW GPA given every school weights differently and it can skew things greatly.</p>

<p>I hope so! Any idea why they are releasing some decisions so early?</p>

<p>I have only seen OOS Engineering, so my guess is that they want to get the OOS money and decision in sooner vs later. VT is a good school for Engineering (my husband and now my oldest son (JR in ME)) went to VT. That being said, they have more competition with the OOS kids who have other Engineering options. Just my theory, which could be totally off base. Good Luck</p>

<p>from what I can tell the OOS Engineering admits are what I would call “clear admits” - high stats and likely Honors candidates. We’re OOS Engineering too and haven’t heard yet. </p>

<p>I’m in state. Do they base admission upon how many others from the school were accepted to engineering? 3 were accepted and I know of at least 3 more with better stats than me for regular.</p>