Chances for me (thanks!)

<p>Yeah, sorry to be annoying but im going to do it anyway. Thanks in advance.</p>

<p><strong><em>OUT OF STATE (New Jersey)</em></strong>
GPA: Weighted: 3.905. Competitive high school.
In mostly accelerated (equivalent of honors) courses.
Took AP U.S History last year, got a 5.
Taking AP Psychology, AP Literature and Comp., AP Lang. and Comp. this year.</p>

<p><strong><em>Prospective History major</em></strong></p>

<p>SAT
Math: 690
CR: 790
Writing: 650</p>

<p>Subject Tests
U.S History: 800
Literature: 790</p>

<p>Extracurriculars (not much here):
New-York Historical Society Internship
Local Historical Society Internship
Jobs at phone survey unit, vegetable co-op, and online newspaper.
Cross Country in fall 2009
Winter track in 2009-2010
Bass guitar in a rock band for 4+ years, have recorded original music and played local shows.</p>

<p>Looks good to me.</p>

<p>My sister and I are from NJ and she had a 4.0 with similar test scores to you and went to Wisconsin.</p>

<p>UW uses only unweighted grades- no extra points in the gpa for honors or AP. They do look at the rigor of your curriculum, ie if you take the easy or hard versions of available courses, though. Sounds as if you are competitive and should consider applying. BTW- the Wis Track Club (not to be confused with the UW running club) has year round workouts (winter use of the Memorial Shell next to the stadium), team members run in several CC races (against other clubs and Div III teams at meets) and they were the men’s club CC national champions last fall. Madison is a great place for runners.</p>

<p>just want to let you know that I was accepted today. Thanks for your help!</p>