Chances? For music too

<p>I'm a senior in FL and my first choice college is UM... not really too sure about UF. I want to apply for their School of Music.. that might change things a bit, depending on the audition.. I think..</p>

<p>My stat's aren't the best. GPA 3.15, 3.78 weighted, 1300 SAT (V+M), gonna take it again as well as the ACT.. took a crapload of AP's (Stats, Gov't, APUSH, Calc, English, Spanish..) and am currently taking even more IB classes. I passed 4 of my AP's (AP Scholar w/Honor).. I don't know if that makes a difference..
EDIT: I am within the top 25% of my class. Barely.</p>

<p>My EC's for music include a lot - had a constant job for 4 years as the pianist for my church, played countless times at retirement homes on a voluntary basis, got superior on a level 6 solo in 8th grade, and I have played numerous solo concerts, including one at the Steinway Gallery in Florida and a retirement home in Delray.. (all paid), and I also held a job as the keyboardist for a major musical production during the summer... plus LOTS of other things.</p>

<p>EC's for non-music are limited though, I didn't really join any clubs except first priority (a christian club), did marching band for 1 year and concert band for 2 (percussion), ran constantly with cross country and track but never did competitions because my work wouldn't allow me.. oh and I held a constant 20-hour-week job during the school year for a year, on top of my other job and the necessity of helping my family renovate houses for the past three years (with little pay).</p>

<p>Oh and I'm 1/2 hispanic and another ethnicity that's not listed on the application, so I'm going to mark hispanic.</p>

<p>So with that, how are my chances at UM? And are my auditions (mandatory - have to apply RD) a huge factor in determining whether I get in or not (eg. if I do very well in the auditions, does that increase my chances)?</p>