Chances for Poli Sci Transfer

<p>Hoping to transfer to Tech from VCU after my freshman year. Applied for Fall 2013. Political Science major. Finished first semester of college with a 3.625. Probably going to do just as well, if not better. I hear it's harder for freshman to gain acceptance, but since I got a decent GPA does that count for anything? Other factors: first generation student, minority, all credits from VCU transfer over to tech. Please let me know what you think!</p>

<p>I was able to transfer from VCU to Tech after my first semester. I transferred into CLAHS as a Sociology major with a 3.5 GPA, which is the same college that Poli Sci is under. The biggest things they were concerned with were GPA and that I was on track to graduate in 4 years and that I was taking appropriate classes that will cover the CLE requirements. So, since your GPA is more than good enough to transfer, just make sure that you’re taking classes that will transfer over and cover CLE and/or major requirements for Poli Sci.</p>

<p>Cityboii…I’m in the same situation as you. I’m trying to transfer into Poli-Sci as well after my first semester. My GPA was a 4.0 after following the recommended classes. I send in my application tomorrow!</p>