Chances for Texas A&M

I am a Junior at a high school in south Texas with a class of about 900 in a class of about 4000. I am ranked around 140 and I make all A’s and usually one B. I’ve taken 3 years of Spanish and I’m involved in the theater program which I spend about 25 hours a week at. Both my parents went to Texas A&M and I’m wondering what my chances are of getting in and what I can do to improve. I’ve taken the SAT once and I didn’t study at all but I got an 1140. Thanks for any help.

If you are ranked 140 in a class of 900, you are in the top 15%. With an SAT score of 1300, you would be guaranteed admission within weeks. My son is not in the top 25% and we have been waiting for 6 months for an answer (no fun).

I think it would be very hard to move up to the top 10% of your class so I would suggest working on your SAT test taking ability. My son increased his score by over 200 points by studying for several months and taking many practice tests.

Good luck!

I meant 1360 not 1300 on the SAT for automatic admission if you are in the top 25%

Those SAT scores are probably a deal breaker for A&M. Being in the top 15% is great. I would study like crazy and retake it. A&M is definitely within reach.