Chances for UC Santa Barbara or UC Davis

<p>I really want to get accepted into UCSB, or UCD next year. </p>

<p>Sophemore year, I screwed around and ended the year with a 2.67 UC GPA</p>

<p>Then I got my act together, and so far in my junior year I have recieved 14 straight A’s 6 of the classes are honors. 0 B’s, 0 C’s, 0 D’s </p>

<p>So now my UC A-G GPA is a 3.73.</p>

<p>My SAT is a 1710 but im guessing i can raise it by 1 or 2 hundred pts</p>

<p>I have a bunch of hardships, and extra curriculars, and have a legit essay planned. Im a surfer. Im native american descent kind of… Hoping that they will notice my transformation from sophemore to Junior year. (2.67-4.3)</p>

<p>Im curious what major I could apply for to UCSB in particular to improve my chances of getting accepted. ??</p>

<p>I would really appreciate some opinions on my chances and how I might be able to improve them. Thanks a lot!</p>

<p>ill be honest..uc admissions were tough this year...and will peak out next yr...i had almost same gpa..as urs 3.73...but davis average is 3.9....so u need soild scores like 2000 sat + and 700+ sat2...just to bee extra safe..alhtough u may get in with currrent stats
hope that helps!</p>

<p>Take a class or two this summer at your local community college and you can further boost your GPA and rigor of schedule.</p>

<p>Thanks a lot. If anyone else wants to comment, it would be really legit</p>

<p>I had a 3.33 UW GPA, 3.88 W GPA (so I'm guessing my UC GPA was somewhere in the middle, I still don't know exactly how they calculate it). I had a 2030 SAT (R: 670, W: 680, M: 680). And my SAT II's were US History: 740 and Literature: 580. I applied to:</p>

<p>UC Davis: Rejected
UCSB: Rejected
UC Irvine: Accepted (That's where I'm going)</p>

<p>And I got waitlisted at Washington/Wisconsin.</p>

<p>Not sure if that helps cause every application is looked at individually, but at least it provides some sort of comparison. You have higher grades than me, which are more important in the admissions process.</p>

<p>And I applied for Communications at UCSB/UCD and Literary Journalism for UC Irvine. Though I think I'll change to UCI's new Business program ASAP.</p>

<p>This question is mostly based on YOUR interests. If you're looking to be a winemaker, then UCD would definitely be the place for you with their newly funded program. But, if you're an engineering major, then, with your stats, you best look at a CSU, because UCD is tough for those kinds of programs. UCD was wicked hard to get into this year, and you may have what it takes with your "overcoming" your GPA issue & special circumstances. Definitely look @ the UCD website to see how many points you can rack up. Good luck!</p>

<p>Pay attention to the point system. That way, you can maximize your chance this summer.</p>

<p>Freshmen:</a> Application Criteria for Selection Process</p>

<p>If you improve your SAT by a couple hundred points like you said you would, you should have a fair chance. Have you done the SATII's?</p>

<p>have good sat 2's and bring up your sat
id just apply undeclared
if going to sb is really really important to you, you could go to sbcc and then transfer and just stay in IV for 4 years</p>

<p>To be safe, aim for 1950+ SAT and 3.9 UCGPA with some good ECs and Essays.</p>

<p>About the community college courses, make sure that you will get UC credits. Also, when I talked to UCSD admissions (might be the same with UCSB and UCD?) and asked them about my GPA, they told me that the community college course I took the summer of my senior year (the summer when I was a junior going to senior) didn't count towards my UC GPA. </p>

<p>Just keep working hard, you'll make it. What are you interested in majoring in? UC Davis is great in the sciences, and have alot of research opportunities. I was told that UCSB is great in their cogitative sciences. I hope you'll make it into UC Davis!!! It's a great school.</p>