Chances for UCLA, Berkeley, UCSD, & UCI?

<p>Hello! I just want you guys’ opinions. Please chance me, I am really desperate to get into UCLA, it has been my first choice and dream school for the past three years! I will be applying this fall and was wondering if you guys think I will have a chance at UCLA, Berkeley, UCSD, and UCI. What should I do at this point to improve my chances? Give me some feedback . Thanks!</p>

<p>In-State, Southern California Male
Asian- Vietnamese/Chinese
Family Income: <10k
1st generation</p>

<p>Applying as a Biology major</p>

<p>Academics:
GPA-UW: 4.0 W: 4.4167 UC: 4.3333
Surprisingly, I did not qualify for ELC :frowning:
Rank: 1/423 UW (Everyone who got all A’s their high school career up until now is ranked 1)</p>

<p>Sophomore Year:
AP Biology- A A
Chemistry- A A
Honors Algebra 2- A A
World History- A A
English 2- A A
French 3- A A</p>

<p>Junior Year:
AP Statistics- A A
AP US History- A A
Honors Pre-Calculus- A A
English 3- A A
French 4- A A
Art- A A</p>

<p>Test Scores:
SAT: R-600 M-660 W-690 TOTAL: 1950
SAT Subjects: Biology E-740 US History-760
AP Tests: AP Biology-5 AP US History-5 AP Statistics-5</p>

<p>Senior Year Schedule:
AP Calculus AB
AP French
AP European History
Physics
English 4
Art</p>

<p>Extracurricular Activities:
-French Club: 9th-12th grade, 10th grade-Treasurer, 11th & 12th grade- Vice President
-Environmental Science Club: 10th-12th grade, 11th grade-Activity Manager, 12th grade-Secretary
-California Scholarship Federation: 10th-12th grade
-National Honors Society: 11th-12th grade
-TV Film Club: 11th grade-Co-Founder & Treasurer
-Future Business Leaders of America: 11th grade
-Badminton Club: 11th grade
-Youth In Government: 11th grade- Mission Playhouse Manager
-Volunteered at local library summer after sophomore year- 18 hours
-Job: work as an usher for local performing arts center (August 2009-Present)</p>

<p>Awards:
-Golden Eagle Award (Principal Honor Roll)-9th, 10th, &11th grade
-2nd Place at Los Angeles Environmental Education Fair Ecological Hunt Competition in 9th & 10th grade
-AP Scholar</p>

<p>In : UCI and UCSD
Almost in (in, if you raise your SAT to the 2000 level) : UCLA and Berk </p>

<p>write killer essays and wats your major ?</p>

<p>^I stated my major in my post, it’s Biology. Even if my SAT score is a little low, do you still think i have a good chance at LA and Berkeley?</p>

<p>o sorry didn’t notice
ya, u have an amazing gpa, valedictorian of ur class (that means ELC)
Berkeley would love to have you.</p>

<p>I am not sure if I will be valedictorian and I did not qualify for ELC, lol. U should look at my post more carefully.</p>

<p>Your family income is less than 10k a year?</p>

<p>How do you have a computer?</p>

<p>^It was a gift. Anyways, please post only if u are chancing me, not questioning my information. Thank you.</p>

<p>U will definitely get “Very Nice (borat’s accent)” fin aid when you get in.</p>

<p>A possible reason you didn’t get ELC is what campus you applied for but dont sweat it you still have a great chance. Any ACT?</p>

<p>You’re in at UCI and UCSD. You have a good shot at UCLA and UCB. If you raise your SATs, you’ll have an even better shot.</p>

<p>UCSD/UCI - amazing chances, I’d actually like to say that you’re in depending on your essays. I was proud of my all As and very few Bs transcript but straight As through three years is very amazing. I’d call these two your safeties.</p>

<p>UCLA/Cal - reach and a very good shot at it. My friends’ GPA was approximately 4.29/1700 and 4.2/1950 GPA/SATs and were both in for UCSD but were both rejected from LA/Cal. They did have good ECs, but yours would be better imo. Still, I’d say you have very good chances for all four schools.</p>

<p>An aside to those folks who are asking:</p>

<p>The reason he did not qualify for ELC is that there were not enough Soph/Jr Year weighted classes (Honors/AP’s) to compete with those who may have had them. He was top 12%, undoubtedly, but all those in that category were submitted to U.C., who recalculated their weighted UCgpa for 10th/11th grades, and gave it only to the recalculated top 4%, including ties. He had a total of 5 for the 2 yrs. which count.</p>

<p>Match for UCSD and UCI … however, slight reach for UCLA/Cal.</p>

<p>Academics and grade-wise … you’re good for your GPA, but try raise your SAT score higher (above the 2000 mark, at least). The average SAT score for admitted freshmen this fall at UCLA is 2010, while at Cal is 2033. So try get
above the average line.
Your ECs are good, but not impressive. Good leadership positions, but try and win some more awards or do more
service hours.</p>