Chances here with spotty grades? I just applied

<p>I have a 3.46 weighted GPA after junior year, should be a slight bit higher including first semester but with a C in AP english
Will finish with 2 AP and 6 IB classes.
SAT:2080 - 710r, 660m, 710w</p>

<p>ECs: Average, prospective eagle scout but that's really it
Recomendations: Should be great
Good personal statement
Does UW even look at these last 3?</p>

<p>I say in due to very good SAT score. Anyone else?</p>

<p>Good but not stunning SAT. In but not a sure thing.</p>

<p>ARE YOU GUYS KIDDING?
Mephist0
I am sure THAT YOU ARE IN. It is nice to see overachieving students like you applying to public higher-education institutions. Some would say that you are Ivy League material. But trust me you will enjoy the academic robustness and DIVERSE community that UW-Madison has to offer.
Good Luck!</p>

<p>Haha I'm glad you're confident but I wouldn't go that far, based on the chart on their site it only gives my (by the numbers) a 55-60 percent chance</p>

<p>Remember it's UNweighted gpa that counts, as well as an improving gpa. High test scores with relatively low grades may mean you don't have good study habits- and therefore may not be successful as a UW student (see the myths article on the UW admissions website). You'll have to wait and see. btw- the SAT scores are good, but not at the top and I don't see signs of overachieving- overreaching in course selection yielding poorer grades, perhaps.</p>

<p>hmm anybody else</p>

<p>I say you'll get in. My SAT score was much lower than that but I still got in. Do you have predicted final grades for your IB classes?</p>