Chances - High school Junior, Out of State.

<p>Do you think I have a pretty good chance of getting into UW- Madison?</p>

<p>GPA: 4.1 weighted, 3.8 unweighted</p>

<p>SAT: ehh it's not the best, but 1800 when superscored, i'm taking it again though
ACT: have yet to take it, but I'm assuming I'll get between a 26 and 30</p>

<p>Have taken 5 honors classes since freshman year, and will probably take AP science senior year</p>

<p>Also, by the end of senior year, if i do take my 4th year of science, I will have all of the required courses that UW would "like" to see. Except, I only have 3 years of Spanish... not that it makes a difference, but the Spanish was Dual enrollment. Do i absolutely NEED 4 years?</p>

<p>Extra-curriculars:</p>

<p>Was on Jv/Varsity tennis both freshman and sophomore year
Have over 400 hours for this teen crisis hotline I work at
Volunteer through Hospice every sunday from 9-11
Have a job and am planning on getting a second one senior year
Have been an assistant counselor/ counselor in training two years in a row at a sleepaway camp</p>

<p>i also know i could get awsome recs.</p>

<p>so basically, i dont have the best SAT score, and i dont have tons of AP or honors classes stacked up over the years. But I've done the best that I can with the brains that I have. Do you think it's good enough for UW? Thanks to anyone who responds!</p>

<p>In the large 50-50 group. If you are all cash–no fin need-- it might help.</p>

<p>This year has been tough…lots of students with your stats have been postponed. Don’t expect to hear a positive response early…may be waiting until mid March</p>

<p>You can apply to UW but also have a back up school. You have a reasonable chance of getting in, but try to improve your academic stats to improve your chances (get the best grades you can this semester). Doing the best “with the brains that you have” is what every student should be doing and many will be doing.</p>

<p>The 4 years of Spanish would satisfy the L&S BA and BS requirements, meaning you would not have to take any foreign language in college at UW. Taking the 4th year of Spanish will also put you on par with others. Look what HS classes most admitted students have, not just “what UW would like to see”. Regarding AP and Honors classes- expected numbers depends on how many your HS offers- taking the most rigorous curriculum available to you is what UW is looking for. Do consider the ACT. Remember UW does NOT superscore.</p>