Chances? Low math SAT, high others.

<p>I am an in-state, female and white with dual citizenship for the US and England.
GPA: 3.8/4.1
SAT: CR: 700 W: 650 M: 480 (total 1180/1830)
Honors classes, Spanish and Chem at CC
Top 5% of my class (approximately, school doesn't rank, this is what my counselor said though)
ECs:
Debate
Co-Founder of STATIC Film Society in my town
Student Senate
Class Representative
Scuba Diving (working towards the Dive Master certification)
Motorcycle License
Showjumping at the international level, and am very highly ranked nationally and internationally.
National Society of High School Scholars (NSHSS)
National Honors Convocation on Law (NHC- Loyola Marymount University June '07)
Sprachcaffe Language School- Beijing (2 weeks intensive language course, Oct '07)
Worked as assistant trainer/rider for two different Olympians.
I volunteer at a rehabilitation center for injured polo, sport, and race horses 4-6 days a week.</p>

<p>I graduated early (got the credits and the school said I had to graduate once I had the credits) and I am taking a year off. I spent the last 2 months in China doing volunteer work in Ya'an at the Bi Feng Xi Panda Reserve and Research Facility and visted areas of central and southern China.</p>

<p>I'm interested in International Studies (Asian Studies really interest me, I plan on taking Chinese and Japanese) and Political Science. Ultimately I'm interested in law school.</p>

<p>I can get very good recommendations from my teachers, my math teacher (hopefully with augument my crappy math score... my coursework has always been very good with her) and my english teacher have already offered to write me great recs. Counsellor says my essay is very good. </p>

<p>Umm... I can't think of much else to add. Do I have a chance with my low math score? I'm planning on taking the ACT in Feb, will VTech accept that score still? Or is it too late?</p>

<p>As long as you are not trying to get into Engineering or Architecture (highly unlikely with that Math score), you look good for VT in spite of overall SAT 1180. You seem to have some really interesting aspects that make you stand out as a candidate. What makes you pick VT in particular? Do they even offer Chinese and Japanese?! I'm fairly certain that VT doesn't ask for essays so that's not going to be any help to you. Good luck.</p>