Chances of Admission?

I am a Wisconsin resident transferring from UW-Stevens Point.
I am transferring from UWSP to UW-Madison as a junior. I’ll have 60 credits when I step foot on campus but I will be the age of a sophomore (I skipped a grade).
I got a call from the art department stating that I got into the art department but they are just waiting for the admissions office to send me the letter.

High School
GPA- 3.78
AP- Macro, English, and Stats (all passed)
Extra circulars- variety sports, president of 5 or 6 clubs with multiple state and national awards and titles. Too many clubs and stuff to mention.
ACT- low (23)

College
GPA- 3.69
Major- Art
60 credits and junior standing but I do plan to graduate in 2019 with the class I came to college with.
Team captain of volleyball intramural.
Volunteer at UWSP history museum

Nervous about my ACT.

I would suggest talking to people in the admissions office at UW Stevens Point. They might be able to at least direct you to the right person. Accurately “chancing” entering freshmen is probably impossible even though one knows what UW considers very important (GPA/rigor/rank), admit rates (in-state/OOS/international/male/female/etc), and GPA & ACT distributions for the entire freshman class of 2014. All I know with transfers is that 29% were admitted. No breakdown of OOS vs UW system vs other in-state. No GPA or ACT distributions. No breakdown according to the college you are applying to (e.g., engineering) etc etc. Any response would be a guess. Since you are within the UW system, someone at your school MIGHT be able to give you a better idea of your chances.

Your college gpa looks good. Two years of college likely makes that ACT score far less important as you have proved you can do college work. It sounds like your grades for an art major must be good enough to get that letter. Hope it works.

btw- you are not the “age of a sophomore” because your age doesn’t matter. My son started UW at 16 before his fall birthday- 2 grades ahead of age mates. But- there was a 14 year old girl in his Honors Physics class so he was not the youngest. She was doing Youth Options in her Madison HS.