Chances Of An African American Female

<p>Here Are My Stats:</p>

<p>GPA: 4.5 Weighted/ 3.75 Unweighted
SAT I: 2250
SAT II: US History (720), Physics (740), French (750), Math (780)
ACT: 33

<p>AP Exams:</p>

<p>Freshman Year =
AP Biology (1) --Retaking, Freshman Year was overwhelming</p>

<p>Sophomore Year =
AP Human Geography (4)
AP French (4)
AP World History (5)</p>

<p>Junior Year =
AP US History (5)
AP Physics (4)
AP English Language (5)
AP Statistics (4)
AP Psychology (5)</p>

<p>Senior Year =
AP Calculus (4)
AP English Composition (5)
AP Economics (4)
AP Environmental Science (5)</p>

<p>Extracurricular Activities:</p>

<p>Wrote a fictional novel (in the process of publishing it)
On the School Newspaper Staff (Editor)
Won 2 Creative Writing Contest
Took Summer Writing Classes at UF and Yale
Secretary of French Club (Junior Year)
Link Crew Leader-- Organization that helps freshman transition smoothly to HS.
English Honor Society
VP of Writing Club (Senior Year)
National Merit Finalist--PSAT
National Achievement Scholar (award for African Americans)--PSAT
*I'm an African American Female by the way--not sure it matters</p>

<p>Volunteering:
200+ Hours at Florida Hospital
150+ Hours at Local Library</p>

<p>I have always dreamed of going to Harvard but I know that chances are against me. I was hoping I could get feedback on College Confidential. I'm not sure what I even want to major in--maybe Jounalism, Pre-Med, etc.</p>

<p>PS: What Ivy League University has the most lively Student Atmosphere. I want to go to a university in a somewhat big city that has a good university atmosphere. And also should I Apply to All Ivy League Universities.</p>

<p>Is there anything I am missing. Should there be something that I should be focusing more on.</p>

<p>Thanks So Much</p>

<p>Hi FerraRose,
Welcome to CC and Congratulations.</p>

<p>:confused: Are your senior year AP grades Prediction? </p>

<p>I’m not one for chances, so I will post the AA results thread for you to review. I suggest however, that you ensure you write Great Essays and garner recommendations from Teachers who know you well and can convey that in their letters.</p>

<p>You asked, should I apply to all Ivies? You will need to research each of these schools and identify what YOU are looking for in a College and make your own determination. On the other hand, ensure that you have your safeties and matches that you would equally enjoy attending.</p>

<p>You seem to be on a great path!! </p>

<p><a href=“http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/african-american-students/896299-official-official-2014-african-american-results-thread.html[/url]”>http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/african-american-students/896299-official-official-2014-african-american-results-thread.html&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p><a href=“http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/african-american-students/638464-actual-results-thread-african-americans.html[/url]”>http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/african-american-students/638464-actual-results-thread-african-americans.html&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>Yes learninginprog senior year is just a prediction. Thanks</p>

<p>How about junior year, PSAT’s , national achievement and national merit? Are those predictions too? I’m not sure “chances” are the best way to use college confidential.</p>

<p>I wouldn’t apply to every ivy league…each school has a different feel, location, student body. check out college *******, it’s a great tool that should give you more info on what a school is actually like! best of luck!</p>

<p>I wouldn’t apply to EVERY Ivy. 1. Every Ivy is different so you might not like all of them 2. My college guidance counselor was saying how they sit and talk about the students they like so it’d be a bit bad if every Ivy knew that you were just trying to get into them just b/c. </p>

<p>Don’t forget to apply to safeties and target schools.</p>

<p>You are doing great! I wish I were doing as good as you. (I want to go to Yale, too.)
Good luck. :)</p>