Chances of being admitted to Purdue engineering

I’m from Texas and am looking to be a mechanical engineer
Weighted GPA: 4.09
SAT:1410 (Math:740 Reading: 670)
EC: Eagle Scout and senior Patrol leader of my boy scout troop, Work part time at discount tire during school and summers, President and founder of a car club as well as an officer in other clubs, NHS member

I will have taken 11 AP classes by the time I complete highschool, I’m just curious what my chance of getting into engineering are.

Looking at the Data Digest, https://www.purdue.edu/datadigest/, may give you a better idea of how you compare to other applicants.

For example, last year’s entering freshman class had about 53% admission rate to COE for OOS students; the exact percentage that is applicable to you will depend on such variables as gender, race/ethnicity, etc. For COE, the average ACT of matriculated students was 31. By looking at the Data Digest, you can figure out how your GPA compares to the averages of matriculated students.

Purdue’s Common Data Set, see https://www.purdue.edu/oirae/resources.html, can also provide statistical information at Part C that may be useful in helping you gauge your chances. It will also tell you, under Part C7, what factors are “very important,” “important,” “considered,” and “not considered” in admissions decisions.

That’s definitely great data from @grandalf78. However, note that the data digest information is for enrolled students. Purdue also provides this information at the COE FAQ page regarding admitted students:

“Typically, those admitted to the First-Year Program are A and B students in high school. Students enrolled to the College of Engineering for 2017 had an average combined SAT in the middle 50% range of 1320-1440, being 1407. Of the students that enrolled, 50% had an average GPA of 3.93 and an ACT Composite in the range of 28-33, with the average being 32.”

@tonypa: Yes, I couldn’t find comparable data for accepted (as opposed to enrolled) students; the information in Parts C9-C11 of the Common Data Set also was for enrolled students. But if you assume that enrolled students have similar statistics as accepted students (and that may or may not be a good assumption), then at least you are in the ball park.