Chances of being admitted?

I’m currently a senior in highschool and will be applying EA to the University of Miami. I have a GPA of 3.55 (4.12 Weighted) and an SAT score of 1380 on the 1600 scale (700 CR, 680 Math). Any feedback would be greatly appreciated on whether or not I am a good candidate for this school. Also, if I am at the lower end of the spectrum in terms of stats, should I apply ED? Thanks!

Additionally, I have taken 4 AP’s and have passed all of the exams, and am currently taking 2 AP’s this year.

I think that your SATs are fine (near the 75th percentile) but your GPA is a bit on the low side. In addition, admission is getting more competitive on the back of a higher USNWR ranking and more competitive basketball and football teams. I think you will probably get in EA, but ED would probably slightly increase your stats. Good luck.

@londondad Yeah I might end up applying ED, thanks for your feedback!

I had very similar stats, got in with a decent scholarship. If you really are set on coming here, apply ED. I think you’d definitely get in EA/RD though.

@guitardude123 My S has similar stats, so I am hoping that you both get in! Regarding the avg GPA, however, I have been told by many admissions officers (at Ivies & USC, etc., although I have not asked UM) that if you go to a particularly strong HS, that is taken into consideration in looking at your GPA. For example, my son goes to a really difficult prep school, where he is in the top 25%-33%, but this school routinely sends the top 50% of the class to top 25 schools. He sees his friends at the local public schools earning 4.5+ GPAs & knows they couldn’t earn 3.5 at his school. Academic rigor, both in the classes you take & the school you take them at, matter more than GPA.